2006 DC Tundra 4x4 w/ Flip Pac (Truckee CA)

mattyj

Mostly lurker located in Truckee CA selling my 06 Tundra SR5 double cab 4x4 w/ 133k miles and a flip pac camper shell (bought at same time as the truck) for $14k - I think that's a pretty reasonable number but I've also had a hard time finding comparable sales given the difference between the mechanical and cosmetic condition of the truck. Single owner, all maintenance done on schedule including timing belt at 90k and spark plugs and drivetrain fluids at 120k, with a giant folder of paperwork going back to the window sticker. New front brakes at 110k, just passed CA smog in August.

According to that sticker, optional equipment includes 50 state emissions, curtain airbags, all weather guard package, 17" alloy wheels, overhead console w/ compass/thermometer, keyless entry, rear LSD, fog lamps, floor mats. Mostly stock but includes line-x bedliner, Terra Trac AT II tires with ~15k on them, Bilstein HD shocks (installed around 60k), aux in adapter and an XM antenna. I had it set up with large-gauge wire from the starting battery to the rear, where I had a sterling battery-to-battery charger, fridge, and wooden shelf. The shelf and charger are available, battery and fridge have been repurposed into a new vehicle.

Flip Pac includes a rainfly, fold-down front glass for pass-through to the truck cab, and a new mattress. The torsion bar broke (twice) and I did a delete mod, but I'm including a new bar from sway-a-way that I haven't had time to install yet.

Selling as a package with:

• second set of alloy wheels (16") with firestone winterforce tires
  • cee bailey custom fit windshield and front window shades
  • cable chains (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H9GQR4/). Unused, only bought them so I could be technically legal going through CA chain control.

This truck has been rock solid mechanically - the only time it's been into a shop aside from scheduled maintenance was to replace some alignment clips early in its life, which is when my younger, less experienced self learned that there are penalties to bombing down forest service roads at high speed and started slowing it down a bit. However it has some accumulated wear and tear:

• I've lost both the key fobs
  • Front bumper snagged on a stump while backing up, broke the fog light and (I assume) popped some of the clips holding it in. It's still fully functional and doesn't droop at all, just an inch or so of play front-to-back on that side, so I didn't bother fixing it. Has been fine for 6 years.
  • Accumulated dings and some pinstriping, see photos.
  • Left headlight housing is cracked and building up moisture inside. It's been like this for a while and doesn't affect beam brightness or intensity, but might eventually need replacement.
  • The front end of the bed was dented by something I carried and separated from the bed floor. This lets road spray in; I've kept it blocked off but a new owner would probably want a more permanent fix.

Given the weather up here I haven't been able to get the truck thoroughly cleaned up yet. More pictures available via email. Selling due the acquisition of the Sprinter visible in some of the photos.

shell3.jpg
interior1.jpg
interior2.jpg
condition2.jpg
condition4.jpg
condition6.jpg
shell6.jpg
shell8.jpg

Attachments

• ding1.jpg
    ding1.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 167
  • ding2.jpg
    ding2.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 158

mattyj

more pics

view from above
shell2.jpg

front of the bed where the wall detached from the floor:
ding4.jpg

front bumper slightly out of alignment from where it got popped forward:
ding5.jpg

a lot of the flip pac screens have tears
shell7.jpg

the seal between the shell and the truck bed leaks a little when driving in heavy rains. The seal on the shell lid also needs a little TLC, as evidenced here
shell1.jpg

cracked headlight housing with condensation on the inside
headlight.jpg

zundapp

Hi...How much for this awesome rig? I've outgrown my Tacoma, we need something a little larger, oh wait I see it now. 14k.

mattyj

Not at the moment, but if I have trouble moving the pair then I'd be open to it and will update the post / PM you. Beyond the hassle of physically separating it from the truck, I'm concerned that the hole I made in the bed for wiring, plus the holes for the bolts holding the flip pac down, would reduce the resale value of the truck if sold separately.

The holidays can be a funny time and I'm not in a huge hurry, but I fully intend for this rig not to be sitting in my driveway in a month or two. For anyone who's seriously interested, drop me a PM and I'll keep you in the loop if anything changes price wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman