2008 Liberty vs Wrangler Sahara

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
RunninRubicon said:
Driven a Wrangler has just made me tainted I suppose, forgive me for havin an slanted opinion about an American icon.

No forgiveness needed;) I love real Jeeps. If I could afford to own a Wrangler for occasional weekend adventures, I'd be all over it. I would not, however, subject myself to one the other 3,000 miles per month I'm driving.

dynamike

Observer
calamaridog said:
I love real Jeeps.
:REOutShootinghunter
Real Jeeps, come on......
I can understand somebody saying they prefer Jeeps with straight axles vs. IFS, but "real Jeeps"......

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I love reading thsi stuff...

The Toyota owners on other forums are still whining about missing solid axles and removable tops on the FJ Cruiser. All of them saying if it had those two things they would "sell a million" or some such number. I agree, I would love a removable top Toyota here in the US. I would love a Jeep (modern removable top, but big enough for my family of 4), but it is funny to read debate about Jeeps and hard tops and IFS being better. For what I get to do here on the East coast, that is true for me, but most other forum guys seem to think it ended the free world or something.

Jay in NY
just back from SC

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
dynamike said:
I can understand somebody saying they prefer Jeeps with straight axles vs. IFS, but "real Jeeps"......

Real Jeeps and real Land Cruisers would both have solid axles in front...

You'll notice both my Liberty and Land Cruiser are IFS...

So I think I'm qualified to make that statement. No offense meant:)

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
dynamike said:

"real Jeep" is statement that ought to be made between "Jeep" owners only. Boy, but does this ever open a can of worms on what one person thinks is a Jeep and what doesn't. Bought vs Built, CJ vs YJ vs TJ vs .........
I am only willing to say this outloud..."At least more people know what you mean when you mention the word "Jeep" then a "4WD vehicle." To most these terms are interchangable....but that's another story!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman