2010, the FJs last year

dzzz

Here are two good links discussing the possible discontinuation of the FJC with no real conclusive info. ..............

There's no reason Toyota would make that announcement until the 2011 are presented.

There's hope for the 2011 4runner being more jeep-like. Even the Camry looks better. They have certainly worked hard in the last decade at making their vehicles as bland as possible.

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
The next FJ Cruiser coming out will be as mentioned built on the 4 runner/Prado 150 platform......

This is more evident with how they have spec'd the new Prado range....all the models have gone up in price by bout 10grand over previous models.....leaving room for a more basic trimmed, offroad spec version which the 4 doo FJ cruiser will fill.

Ive had it confirmed to me that the next FJ cruiser will be a 4door and this is because of the popularity of the 4 door Jeeps with families.....

Ive had it also confirmed that it will be built in RHD and come down under too :victory:

FJC-4x4

The 2010 FJC is base on the new prado 150 / 4runner platform: New frame, new engine, new rear diff, etc...

As for the 4runner replacing the FJ in 2011 or 2012... unlikely. Toyota marketed the FJ to be a niche vehicle for the adventure/off-road crowd... Not a semi-luxurious 4door family SUV... Also, the 4runner is not even in the same price range and doesn't offer a manual transmission... :smiley_drive:

Until I see an official press release from Toyota, I won't believe anything I read about the FJ's demise :coffee:

Cheers :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner