2011 Teotwaki's "Invitational" Bodie Ghost Town Expedition

clcoyle

Explorer
That's so cool...what's even funnier is that that image is what I use for my desktop background as well....Congrats Josh....did you get much compensation for the image?

In case anyone is interested, one if my images from this trip was used in "21 Jump Street" by Sony Pictures which came out a few months ago, and just released on DVD/Blu Ray. It's only in the movie for 4-5 seconds but still pretty cool considering it's a fairly large scale movie with Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, and Johnny Depp. This is just a rough edit Sony Pictures and I went over a few months before it hit theaters, but it gives you an idea of how they used it. (It appears at 1:01:00).

i-VgQfcGG-L.jpg

HB 4X4

Adventurer
Thanks guys. Jim is correct, they found it on one of the websites that showcase my work. After considering mine as well as work from other landscape photographers, they decided mine would work best (they wanted to photoshop the character into the scene to make it look like a vacation picture). They were the ones who contacted me, so I called Sony Pictures to verify the validity of the offer, and the rest is history. :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach