2011 Wrangler rollout this summer

jingram

Adventurer
Which gets me back to the reason I stumbled upon this thread in the first place... any idea what these "improvements" are to the interior of the JK? In the market currently and have some pretty good deals lined up. Keep hearing conflicting things about the new 3.6 making it into the JK this year and now these interior upgrades...

Those in the know... give us a little hint! :sombrero:

JeepinJon

Observer
Which gets me back to the reason I stumbled upon this thread in the first place... any idea what these "improvements" are to the interior of the JK? In the market currently and have some pretty good deals lined up. Keep hearing conflicting things about the new 3.6 making it into the JK this year and now these interior upgrades...

Those in the know... give us a little hint! :sombrero:

One of the things I have heard is power heated mirrors, and the door panel plastic / upholstery will cover the whole door now, where are the moment a large portion of the door panel is metal.

jingram

Adventurer
and here I was hoping that the had improved the defroster, made the plastics less scratch prone and changed the cargo layout so the seats folded completely flat, lol.

JeepinJon

Observer
and here I was hoping that the had improved the defroster, made the plastics less scratch prone and changed the cargo layout so the seats folded completely flat, lol.

All they are trying to do is make it more appealing to the masses who are used to the cushiness Liberty and Commanders

scarysharkface

Explorer
One of the things I have heard is power heated mirrors, and the door panel plastic / upholstery will cover the whole door now, where are the moment a large portion of the door panel is metal.

I would much rather have doors entirely of metal and a flat metal (CJ) dash..

John

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
I have no problems with the existing interior. It might be a little over-styled in places but it's fine.

Like everything on a Jeep I wish it was built to a higher standard is my only quibble.

Piet

Adventurer
I would much rather have doors entirely of metal and a flat metal (CJ) dash..

John

x2

Not total metal... I like the arm rest to be softer :bike_rider:. I really like the current door design. I could handle leather on the dash. Real wood instead of plastic. Chrome rings instead of plastic rings. (Catch the theme... less plastic)

I hope they don't add more electronics bling! EG: If your rear view compass blows a fuse... you lose all your exterior lights (Taillights, headlights, etc...)

jdemonto

Hate to burst your bubble I have heard through my sources that the 3.6 is a 2012 option and the 2011 will be the new upscale interior maybe some minor updating on the outside.

Jason

Summiteer

My interior upgrades would include: New sun visors, which they already did so way to go jeep, Move the manual window handles so my knee doesn't touch it, and allow the rear seats to fold completely flat.

I as well would like to see the source for the 2011 Pentastar news, I will probably be trading my 08 for one of these.

jdemonto

My interior upgrades would include: New sun visors, which they already did so way to go jeep, Move the manual window handles so my knee doesn't touch it, and allow the rear seats to fold completely flat.

I as well would like to see the source for the 2011 Pentastar news, I will probably be trading my 08 for one of these.

Various automotive websites tend to be the source that most use on the WWW, they are nothing more than an automotive version of the Enquirer....

Jason

Summiteer

Various automotive websites tend to be the source that most use on the WWW, they are nothing more than an automotive version of the Enquirer....

Jason

Ya, I've search the web quite a bit, and have found no concrete info saying that it will come out this summer. I really hope it does so I can trade in my 08 with the mileage still fairly low, but I'm not counting on it.

Nick B

Observer
I waited and waited for a decent engine in a JK, diesel, V-8, even a V-6 with some guts, to no avail. I bought an 06 LJ Rubi, not exactly a power house, but the 4.0 is a great engine and has been around a while.
On that 06 ya better pull your CPS and check the gear on it and look down the hole and check the gear on the camshaft . Lots of these in 05-06 years are failing .

haven

Expedition Leader
Edmunds AutoObserver says the 2011 Wrangler with revised interior will arrive in August
or September. It's unclear if the new Wrangler will get the V6 that will debut in the new
Grand Cherokee next month.

Expect a new crossover designed by Fiat engineers in 2012. It will replace
the Patriot and Compass (and have even less to do with Jeep heritage than
the vehicles it replaces).

http://www.autoobserver.com/2010/05/chrysler-accelerates-new-model-development.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk