2011 Wrangler rollout this summer

zombie

It doesn't really to seem to be screaming "Wrangler" from the drivers seat. The 12v and 110 outlets are nice addition, but the car interior is not doing it for me.

It's amazing that the only thing people want is the Pentastar or a Diesel and they are doing everything but that.

If they brought out a diesel, I'd be trading in my 10 Wrangler. Car interior or not.

alosix

Expedition Leader
If they brought out a diesel, I'd be trading in my 10 Wrangler. Car interior or not.

x2 :)

or at least something turbo and direct injected.. :)

I actually like the yellow one on the inside. I'm guessing the other ones posted are Sahara trim levels, something I've really never liked much anyway so.. carryon :)

Jason

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
jp011002wr.jpg

jp011013wr.jpg
I might be the only one but I like the only one and might get executed by the die-hard Jeep community, but I like this off-white body/hard top combination and the new beige interior - a lot.

mmccurdy

Adventurer
Funny, it fits a lot better than I thought it did when I first saw the spy shots, but I'm still not a fan of the softer lines they're introducing, mainly in the center stack. One of the things I really liked about the JK when it first came out was the angular center console and center stack that was swept back from the top of the dash to the shifter. It evokes utilitarianism without sacrificing too much in the way of weight, comfort, or usability, and I think it does so largely through the use of bold, straight lines. To me, this one just feels more status quo for cars and luxury SUV's, which may be a smart move from a marketing point of view.

Also, it seems like I would still feel a little weird rolling with no top/doors on a dusty or muddy trail for a few days at a time with this interior, but I think that would pass once it aged a bit.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
I'm really curious if they used better grade plastics in the inside; I'm not babying my Jeep, but I don't abuse it either. Just hate when it looks neglected, and my 08 dash and door panels just scratch way too easy. Would be nice if it the new plastics would be somewhat dog paw resistant. (Proposal for a new test criteria: Put a dog in the Jeep, set a cat on the hood; if the interior survives this without scratches, material is approved :elkgrin:)

Last edited:

jingram

Adventurer
Totally agree... the plastics in the current interior are garbage. They scratch incredibly easy. Hopefully they also took this opportunity to address the faults with the defroster.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I didn't realize the old interior was so good looking and angular. I take back what I said, the new interior sucks

131_0604_11_z+2007_jeep_jk_wrangler+interior.jpg

The problem with the "old" interior is that it discriminated against the tall. Those vertical fins on the center stack hurt my knees something fierce. Not sure about those huge bug eye vents on the new dash, but they look like they might be marginally high enough to afford some knee space for those of us with full length legs....

haven

Expedition Leader
Jalopnik.com writes: "Don't buy a 2010 Wrangler"
because the 2011 interior is soooooo much better!
http://jalopnik.com/5642980/dont-buy-a-2010-jeep-wrangler

Readers immediately comment that Wranglers should
only have interiors that can be cleaned out with a garden
hose. Since this isn't possible in any Wrangler since the
1970s, I guess a lot of people are unhappy with today's Jeep!

Lumberjack

Adventurer
Readers immediately comment that Wranglers should
only have interiors that can be cleaned out with a garden
hose. Since this isn't possible in any Wrangler since the
1970s, I guess a lot of people are unhappy with today's Jeep!

Um... TJ's were garden hose friendly. Gauges were sealed, carpet was split and easy to pull, pull 2 floor plugs and wash to your hearts content. It was even mentioned in the owners manual. I know mine has seen plenty of power washers inside, no issues yet....

mmccurdy

Adventurer
Um... TJ's were garden hose friendly. Gauges were sealed, carpet was split and easy to pull, pull 2 floor plugs and wash to your hearts content. It was even mentioned in the owners manual. I know mine has seen plenty of power washers inside, no issues yet....

I have also done this on multiple occasions with my (early) JK... would I spray it directly into the face of the stereo or gauge cluster? Probably not. But pop a few drain plugs and you're good to go.

The new interior might give me a little more pause before I did something like this, but I'm sure I'd get over it. I don't think the "fanciness" of the dash is necessarily related to real-world hosability.

nwoods

Expedition Leader

JK's are the same way. Jeep even aired a TV commercial with the President of Chrysler cleaning one out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk