2011 Wrangler rollout this summer

gpwpat

Adventurer
easter eggs on the windshield? that jeep grill is not what the grill looked like on the origional 1941. nor any wwii jeep for that matter. even the jokers at jeep don't know what they are talking about. The origional 1941 willys mb grill was a slat grill. Ford invented the 9 slat stamped sheet grill. Willys went to a 7 when they put the larger headlights in in 1946.

I don't want easter eggs and soft skin. I want utility. and a Diesel. or a Hemi.

Guess I will be happy with my 2007 and when the engine goes upgrade to that Hemi or if they finally get a diesel I can put that year models diesel in the 2007.

Give us Diesel already.

x32792

Adventurer

If it has extra lift as suggested in the YouTube clip and is available with 5 speed manual, 4x4 and the new 3.6L Pentastar, the Patriot may very well be the best Adventure Tour vehicle in the Jeep line up for 2011?

The plastic skirt on the front is completely inappropriate for any kind of off road driving, but I do see front and rear tow hooks.

As with all things Jeep, I'll wait until there's an actual vehicle on a lot somewhere before letting myself get too excited.

I live in hope...

Online Specifications:

Body Style: 4WD Sport Utility Vehicles
Vehicle Size: Small
Drive Type: 4WD
Doors: 4
Seating Capacity: 5/5 passengers
Engine Block: I
Engline Type: Gas
Cylinders: 4
Displacement: 2.4 L.
Valves: 16
Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
Torque: 165ft-lbs @ 4400 rpm
Horsepower: 172hp @ 6000 rpm
Fuel Type: Regular unleaded
Fuel Capacity: 13.5 gal.

Wheelbase: 103.7 in.
Overall Length: 173.6 in.
Vehicle Width: 69.1 in.
Vehicle Height: 65.6 in.
Ground Clearance: 8.1 in.
Luggage Capacity: 23.0 ft3.
Cargo Capacity: 62.7 ft3.
Curb Weight: 3310 lbs.
Max Payload: 925 lbs.
Gross Weight: 4575 lbs.
Towing Capacity: 2000 lbs.
Turning Circle: 35.6 ft.

Front Headroom: 41.0 in.
Front Legroom: 40.6 in.
Rear Headroom: 39.9 in.
Rear Legroom: 39.4 in.

Last edited:

locrwln

Expedition Leader
My wife and I went and sat in a 2011 Wrangler Rubicon with the leather seats. It got a big thumbs up from us. We both really liked it and I felt like the inside is starting to feel like it is worth the price you pay for a modern Wrangler. Now all it needs are power seats to go with the leather.

Come awn Jeep, make the pickup version.:victory:

Jack

kntr

Observer
I liked my Wrangler, but it needed a hemi. The only reason I sold it was because it was a turd... even in stock form.
DSC01621.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, I'm sorry you feel that way--

Mine is the BEST 4wd I've ever owned and I've had a bunch !!

PICT0241.jpg

002-3.jpg

shooting-WestSage011.jpg

I'm waiting for the new PENTASTAR/5-spd auto to come out--

Not to buy a new jeep, but to transplant in mine-don't need a SS or hype hemi !!

I'm not to fond of the 2011 interior, but as with any jeep, if you ain't happy--"changeit"

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

kntr

Observer
I should have kept it and put a hemi in it. The V6 was ok but it wasnt "fun" to drive like my old bronco.

2008 Rubicon with all options
4" SuperLift and Steering stabilizer
5:13 gears
Teraflex adjustable lower front control arms
AEV High Steer Kit
Summer-37x12.50 BFG KM2 on 17x9 ProComp-4.75"BS
Winter-37x12.50 Hankook studded/siped on 17x9 Soft 8s-5"BS
ARB front bumper and Mopar rear with tire swing all Line Xed
OEM Sahara steps and front mud flaps
Weathertech mats and Mastercraft grab handles
5-Lightforce 170s and Thule T2 bike rack
Kenwood 7100/Alpine headrest monitors/Fosgate amp/sub
AEV jack base/JK mag light on seat
Front grille was also sprayed in Line X matching color.
DSC01428.jpg

All work was done by AEV except bumpers.

Here are a few other pics.
Winter wheels and tires.
DSC01681.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

P1000155.jpg

winkosmosis

Explorer
Fellow Jeepies,

All the wonders of the new interior aside, while attending a meeting of my local Jeep club last night, someone gave me the secret grip, winked and told me Chrysler-Fiat was putting the new 3.6L Pentastar in the 2011 Jeep Wranglers.

I spit on the ground with contempt and disbelief having already been disappointed several times before by this rumor...But here it is again.

All the online window stickers I've seen todate clearly show they are equipped with the gutless 3.8L minivan motor...

Anyone out there seen a Wrangler with Pentastar 3.6L on a lot?

Signed, Still Waiting In Orlando,

John

What is Chrysler/Fiat/whoever thinking? How does it benefit them to keep 2 separate engine lines going, instead of putting the 3.6L in all Jeeps, instead of just the Grand Cherokee

x32792

Adventurer
What is Chrysler/Fiat/whoever thinking? How does it benefit them to keep 2 separate engine lines going, instead of putting the 3.6L in all Jeeps, instead of just the Grand Cherokee

Perhaps Chrysler-Fiat had a contractual agreement to buy or produce a certain number of 3.8L motors? Why they decided to put this wretched mini-van motor in their best selling product again this year is a mystery AND the reason I will not buy one.

Sure, I'd like to have more HP, but my '01 TJ with 4L straight six has almost the same torque as the 3.8L at 800 less rpms.

Someone has suggested transplanting a 3.6L into whatever they currently owned and this is not a bad idea...If a donor could be found.

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
I think it has more to do with Chrysler not having the money to do the re-engineering required to make the Pentastar go in. Chrysler has been hanging from a thread. If management doesn't get their free Friday morning dough nuts then nobody is going to get a new engine.

The biggest mistake Jeep made IMO was not putting in a V8 from the beginning. They had a V6 and a V8 available for the XK from the beginning, should have done the same with the JK. CAFE is a factor I'm guessing but they still should have done it and re-jigged something elsewhere to make the maths fall out properly.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:) Yea "someone" would like to transfer the new 5-spd Auto--

The Pentastar would be OK and probably by 2012, AEV will have the ECM "piggyback" software and "swap" hardware worked out-

That should be a swap under $10K, would be well worth it for me

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

x32792

Adventurer
PentaStar-Wrangler

As of 10am this morning, the Sale Manager at the large local Stealership told me face-to-face the new Pentastar would be available in the Wrangler by February 2011 (in just a few months). :)

As with all things Jeep, believe it when you see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk