2012 JKL Rubicon build

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
null_zps422156a7.jpg

Bracket "made"

null_zps59003958.jpg

Annnnd then I realized I have no gas for the welder. So well see if I can finish tonight

null_zps8ac600fa.jpg

Some hours later...

My free vacuum pump mount

null_zps76919781.jpg

Crossmember removed

null_zps953a627d.jpg

Had to call it a night. Need to remove about a 1/4" more material from the rails to get the bumper to fit and then it's smooth sailing from there.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
New brake lines on front and rear. We're getting close. Once I can kick the front shocks out shell be ready for a trail. Id ultimately like to have atleast the sleeves in before I'd to but it's not a deciding factor.

null_zps3d69fb18.jpg

Front end is wrapped up. Not really happy with how the rigids are mounted, but at the moment I don't really have any other way.

null_zps91b81dab.jpg

Thinking of relocating them to the windshield this winter and seeing if I can pick up a rigid SR20 or SR30 for the front bumper to span the length in front of the winch.

How she sits now. Getting closer.

null_zpsa1927937.jpg

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Picked up a set of nearly free AEV shock shifter brackets and a Rigid SR20. Have a wheeling trip planned for the weekend of the 20th

null_zps8854a430.jpg

Todo list for the trip is as follows:

Relocate EVAP
Sleeve front axle
Mount SR20
Shift shocks

Would like to see happen:
New coils

I can worry about the other stuff later.

Was playing at work with my new brake lines. Front tire is up 34" off the ground, still have a ton of articulation left. Unfortunately my shock was laying against the frame so tight I couldn't get a playing card in. Will have that fixed shortly.

null_zps18358e82.jpg

null_zpsbce41276.jpg

I think this is how it goes right?
null_zps3a07897f.jpg

I've resorting to welding everything I don't feel like bolting on
null_zps2fe65f92.jpg

Pulled the tabs out of the harness, need to put spades on for the SPOD. It shares a common ground so we gotsta hack it off
null_zps4d4a09e1.jpg

New ends
null_zpsd80655aa.jpg

Running
null_zps20c663f6.jpg

kleinrider

Observer
It looks good, though I have a question. Are you worried about the light taking a hit being mounted on the very front like that? I think I'd be nervous with it mounted there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
I've been asked that multiple times by people and no, I'm not. That said though next weekend ill be working on a new mount to get it up a little higher and further back as I want to get something figured out for my duallys as I use them frequently with the amber filter in inclement weather

Dayriesw

With all the trouble you put into making the jeep black and blue, wouldnt you want to paint the AR arms? Any thoughts to putting something up to protect the LED against the ledge that will take it out?

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
no, i want the AR's raw for now, its a nice contrast i think. i may just paint them black in the future if i get tired of it.

im going to be reworking the light mount friday or saturday to get it higher and further back, as well, figure out a way to get my Dually's in on the action.

rickashay

Explorer
Wow Marshal, awesome Jeep! Some beefy parts have gone into this build. Those LED headlights are pretty cool too, I've heard a lot of good things about them. As you know, I'm a Toyota guy, but subscribed nonetheless. These JK's are so wicked and thanks for sharing!

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
To quote a friend of mine:

Today's Jeeping

Well wednesday quit my job due to inconsolable differences with the owners of the company, and unfortunately that leaves me with 3 part time jobs as I scramble to find a new full time primary. Thankfully I have my family behind me who keeps telling me I should have quit a long time ago. Maybe now until I get a solid job I'll have some time to get some jeep **** done

null_zps582bfc42.jpg

Received one of these bad boys the other day from an anonymous donor because ************* Chrysler can't diagnose a intermittently fused cell in my battery.

Oooohhhh ahhhh

null_zpsea8d763e.jpg

The bastard.

null_zps3b2c8165.jpg

The super long extension I made

null_zps1b3643b5.jpg

Date that ****

null_zps86bd36f6.jpg

Yaaaaay reliable power!!

null_zpse2607945.jpg

Shocks have been shifted. I think tomorrow morning I'll try and tackle the Evap relocation. Unfortunately the sleeves and truss are completely beyond what I can do right now due to lack of tools still. Sucks. Progress is profess though.
null_zpsef06daf2.jpg

reworked the bar mount tonight to move it up 2" and back 3". in the process of events i put my PSC fairlead mount back on and i remembered why i took it off in the first place - i ran out of time though and couldnt remove it - thankfully it only takes a minute to do so. i need to figure out what to do with my daully D2's. im not really keen on the idea of putting them on my A pillars as ive never really liked lights there and i feel like it takes away from the aesthetics, plus they're not really functional there due to glare.

first up was to notch the brackets so the light could slide in from the top

welded them on nice and square

placed

its now flush with the fairlead, way better protection

noms

amber ***

next thing is to cut up some gussets for the mount and get amber filters for the SR20.

Last edited:

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Great truck, and good luck finding a job. Keep your head up. I just did the same thing and quick with no safety net as I couldn't take it anymore, and thankfully found a new job quickly and actually start tomorrow. Hope that you have similar luck!

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Finally got to stretch her legs on an RTI ramp as she gets closer to a full shakedown run. Scored over 1000 (don't know the specific) I need to put 2" bump extensions in the front and 3" in the rear and raise the lower shock mounts on the rear up 2" With 2" bump stops in the front I can do a minimal notch in the frame to clear the drag link with a flip

null_zps3c546b58.jpg

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Decided to tackle the rear trackbar mount today

null_zps41141f6b.jpg

Burned in

null_zps68c5d260.jpg

Mounted. Rear Roll center raised roughly 6"

null_zps701d45d2.jpg

Getting ready to take it for a test drive here shortly and see how she handles through the corners

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp