2012 JKL Rubicon build

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
morgan! i didnt expect you to pop in here.

took this today

IMG_5902-2_zpsd28c74a5.jpg

waiting on some warmer weather to finish putting on the Trektop NX. at that point i'll redo the cherokee rails (or remove them entirely. havnt decided) and start working towards a front bumper. im also on the lookout for a busted up Warn M8000 winch that i can rebuild. i want to cut out the rear crossmember and build a custom one with a receiver and a plate to host a rearward M8000.

i really really want new rims and 39" crawlers.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
ive failed to update this thread

new trektop NX

null_zpsce0a63b7.jpg

null_zpsee45badc.jpg

getting ready to move into my new house that is almost ready

null_zpsa65d224f.jpg

im currently on orders at JB Charleston in Charleston SC - but once i get back i'll be moving in and getting this situated. the hard top will have the Cherokee rails removed from it and im going to sell them, as well i'll be repairing the holes in the hardtop and painting the inside black in preparation for fall. i also have some rock lighting to get working on.

when i get back i have some new parts to go on as well. Currie F/R stainless brake lines, Currie Front 4" coils, Currie rear 4" coil, Currie rear 4+1" coil and a metal cloak front base bumper to hold my Warn. im going to have to get fancy relocating my vacuum pump. could get interesting.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Thanks!

Ooooooh aaaaaahhhh

null_zps02f66b6c.jpg

null_zps086179f3.jpg

Really minor update as its been discovered that I actually don't own any basic hand tools. Apparently all I own is complex, specialty and power tools. So - I'm trying to make do with a small 3/8ths ratchet set that I got for my wife for basic fix-it stuff

ONE wheel painted gloss black
null_zps341de72c.jpg

Winch bolted to the bumper
null_zps2f068783.jpg

Sexy Rokmen big hawse fairlead
null_zps241357ba.jpg

And of course my daughter who loves the Jeep and was demanding that I get in the passenger seat so we can go to "candy mountain"
null_zps7df1a000.jpg

null_zpscfb5b60a.jpg

null_zpsdedf01b2.jpg

With any luck my travel voucher will pay out this week for what I actually expect it to be, and I'll find my way to sears and pick up a new 200 something piece mechanics hand set

Cole Trickle

Nice build...looks like your ready for the 37's with the artec stuff:victory:

I have my kit sitting in a box waiting on welding...lol

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Mine is sitting on the shelf. As soon as I get some hand tools and time both trusses are going on. Finally have a 220 so the welder gets plenty of food

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
alright - i have an update. a minor one, but none the less, an update.

a friend has graciously donated a set of mismatched gear wrenches to me. im missing a couple sizes but its way better than nothing. i can pick up the individual ones as time goes on. HOPEFULLY my orders will pay out this week and on saturday i can get myself my tool set. seems like things have a way of not working out though whenever the government is paying you for something.

anyway:
got my bumper taken off

next thing to tackle is relocating this vacuum pump

thinking about cutting it from the frame and rotating it lock wise along the top bolt axis and welding it straight to the frame rail behind the anti-rock bar. should source me enough room. will have to test fit

got the big hawse on

had a friend photoshop this for me the other day because i am now without photoshop and i cant thieve a copy anymore. anyway - thinking about doing a faux J8 look. opinions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy