2012 Xterra Pro 4X build "Tactical X"

Golf286

Adventurer
I've been watching different threads for awhile and decided its time for mine.
Basics:
Year:2012
Model:Xterra Pro 4X
Color: Night Armor
Mods:
OME 3" lift
Hefty Front Bumper
Hefty Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
Hefty Sliders
Hefty Skids
20" Totron DR Light
2 4" Totron Lights on Bumper
Intake spacer
285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs
Future Mods:
Titan Swap
Supercharger
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367528089.756072.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367528129.755401.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367528146.955201.jpg
Offroad Trailer:
Just picked up a M416
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367528222.954991.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367528237.988469.jpg

Golf286

Adventurer
Yeh it been a lot of fun so far.. Looking forward to getting started on the M416 thus weekend. Trying to decide if I'm going to leave the Pintle in it on change to a maxcoupler..

Golf286

Adventurer
Pictures of the Xterra w/ 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's.

apuqeze9.jpg
e4a9u2e7.jpg

Golf286

Adventurer
The stance looks good and the more agressive tread really changes the personality.

Hey Scott,
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing.. I'm thinking about putting on different UCA's and Shocks with a heavier spring but we'll see how goneMoab goes first.

Golf286

Adventurer
Getting the X ready for goneMoab.
Removed the factory mud guards and did the Melt Mod for the 285/75/16.
e7ubevug.jpg

tydanagy.jpg

yqaqe8es.jpg

Golf286

Adventurer
Just put the Totron 6" lights on with the new mounting bracket, that we Fab'd yesterday.. Ill get powder coated to match when I get back from goneMoab
ytepebyj.jpg

anaru2up.jpg

Last edited:

monte67

Curious whether you chose a MT or an Automatic. I'm looking at new Xterra's and am not sure which way to go. I owned a 1984 MT Landcruiser for 325K which was a MT. I have heard of some problems with the Xterra MT which is what I would prefer. I also pull a 1400lb. poptop trailer. Any input would be welcome.

Golf286

Adventurer
Hi there,
I went with the automatic, I haven't had any problems with it at all.. We're in Moab this week for goneMoab and so far it's exceeded all of my expectations..
I've owned the X for about a year and have nothing but great things to say about the XTERRA.. It tows well also, hope this helps and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask..
Thanks Bill
uqu6a8e4.jpg

skibum315

Explorer
Curious whether you chose a MT or an Automatic. I'm looking at new Xterra's and am not sure which way to go. I owned a 1984 MT Landcruiser for 325K which was a MT. I have heard of some problems with the Xterra MT which is what I would prefer. I also pull a 1400lb. poptop trailer. Any input would be welcome.

Hope the OP doesn't mind me asking, but what manual trans problems have you heard of? Incidentally, it's not benignly that I ask ... I've got an '08 Xterra Offroad with the MT, and I'm also pretty active over on www.thenewx.org (a decent forum for these 2nd gen trucks ... mixed reviews under new AutoGuide ownership, but that's a discussion for another time and place) ... and I haven't seen any complaints about the 6MT. The AT has had some troubles with its in-radiator cooler, but those are fairly well documented.

I really love my truck, and the OP is off to a nice start with this build ... IMO - yes, I might be biased ... ;) - these F-Alpha trucks (2nd gen Xterra/Frontier, in particular) are really underrated for a very solid all-around, do-anything & drive to work on Monday, type build.

Golf286

Adventurer
Just got back from goneMoab and the X continues to amaze and impress me.. We did a lot of different trails and terrain and it handled all.. Great time and can't wait for next year as well as back country camping this summer..
ype9a2u4.jpg
Dome Plateau
u6ysy8ur.jpg
Seven Mile Rim
u4ezyte7.jpg
Fin's and Thing's
enubugaq.jpg

Golf286

Adventurer
I added a BullyDog before we went to Moab, I really liked the performance that it added on the trails but ran it in stock mode on the highway for better gas mileage.. Ill be adding an IMS spacer and a new exhaust in the next couple of weeks..

Golf286

Adventurer
Here's a few more pics from Moab
ryba2emy.jpg
Tower Arch
e9a8ypaj.jpg
Across from marching men
hugemyta.jpg
Me and my son
je3uneha.jpg
Fin' and Thing's

Forum statistics