2014 4Runner to be revealed April 27

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
1st & 2nd gens lasted 6 years each, 3rd and 4th lasted 7 years each, so the earliest I would expect a "new generation" would be 2015 and I would think 2016 is even more likely.

The Tacoma, OTOH, should be due any time as they're on MY 9 now.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
It looks like those horrendous bulges on the head and tail lights are gone. That's a relief. Hopefully they'll make the full-time t-case available again. Perhaps the 2GR-FSE and a 6speed auto...
Toyota does their model maintenance in 2 types of cycles: major and minor (that is really what they call them internally). This will be a minor. The Tacoma just had a minor. The Tundra just had a minor.

Last edited:

montypower

Adventure Time!
It looks like those horrendous bulges on the head and tail lights are gone. That's a relief. Hopefully they'll make the full-time t-case available again. Perhaps the 2GR-FSE and a 6speed auto...
Toyota does their model maintenance in 2 types of cycles: major and minor (that is really what they call them internally). This will be a minor. The Tacoma just had a minor. The Tundra just had a minor.

The Limited is full time. SR5 & Trail are selectable.

chmura

Adventurer
Yes this is just a mid cycle refresh not a redesign. Marketing at its finest for people to think its a complete redesign so they buy it.

Yeah, looks like they got rid of those bulging headlights and tails. Glad those are being changed! Highlander had bulging headlights than later changed to more sleek ones. Not sure why Toyota didn't learn their lesson from the Highlander's ugly bulging headlight mistake?

That's one thing I couldn't stand on the 5th gen so bought a 4th gen.

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
If it's just headlights and taillights that are changed on the 2014, then the "old style" 2013s will be a good buy.

kurtkrum

If I am lucky, the refresh will include a V8 LOL...which is why I continue to hold on to my 10-year old 4Runner I bought new. Best car I ever owned. I really want a new toyota SUV but I want a V8 and a solid rear axle.

I'm too poor to buy a land cruiser....

nasko

Adventurer
I don't think a V8 with today's gas prices is happening. Can't blame them and honestly don't see the benefits of it over today's powerful V6. My 2c

haven

Expedition Leader
20144Runner.jpg

The Trail Edition, with rear e-locker standard and KDSS optional, continues for 2014. The 4.0L V6 is unchanged, offering 270 hp and 278 lb.-ft. of torque. EPA mpg estimate 17 mpg city, 22 mpg highway for a 4x4. There are interior and exterior styling updates,and a fancy new instrument display. Otherwise, about the same as 2013.

Vantage

Adventurer
I prefer the older front end, this one looks like it is trying a little to hard to do to many things.

It also looks like the Trail has lost its black trim theme, which looks great, and is a throwback to the older gen's.

Toyota-4Runner_2014_1024x768_wallpaper_04.jpg
2011-Toyota-4Runner-Trail-Exterior-Color-Salsa-Red-Pearl.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism