2016 4Runner TRD Pro

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
With the -800+ lb. weight difference between the 4Runner and the 100 Series, I find the 4Runner to be just as responsive. The additional fuel range is spoiling me.

I averaged around 19 mpg over the weekend; whereas the 100 would have averaged 10-12 mpg.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
With the -800+ lb. weight difference between the 4Runner and the 100 Series, I find the 4Runner to be just as responsive. The additional fuel range is spoiling me.

I averaged around 19 mpg over the weekend; whereas the 100 would have averaged 10-12 mpg.

Excellent point!

bigskypylot

Explorer
On to a "gripe" about the TRD Pro package:

It comes from the factory with a "full size; non-matching spare." There's a part of me that says, "Seriously, Toyota? $43,000.00+ and the spare tire doesn't match the upgraded ones that the package is essentially built on?"

However, when I step back and realize that the spare provided is good enough for 99% of these rigs, I can understand.

I for one, can't imagine driving through Baja, Mexico without a matching spare. So, $450 or so later, a new matching TRD wheel and Nitto Tire replaced the Bridgestone.

i-bgVnbH9-L.jpg

The original spare will become a second, way back o' beyond spare (although I dig the steel wheel).

I'll do a 5 tire rotation, so the new wheel was fitted with a TPS.

i-PpZ57vK-L.jpg

-H-

Driving across the desert with a non-matching spare. The Horror ;) :p

fbksurferjoe

Adventurer
Thought I would take a look at what you got, nice looking 4runner! Have you messed around with your winch yet? hows that winch mount working out. I am considering the same setup, pelfrey is a short 30 minute drive for me :).

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I have yet to need the winch. Used the a trac, locker and crawl control though! I'm really enjoying the low key look so far.

-H-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete