2016 RR diesels will cost $1500 extra

haven

Expedition Leader
http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-much-for-those-range-rover-diesels-now-we-know/

Land Rover has announced pricing for the 2016 Range Rover models equipped with diesel engines. The 3.0L V6 diesel will add $1500 to the price of the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models. Called the Td6, the new diesel will produce 254 hp and 440 ft lb of torque.

The base supercharged gas V6 produces peak torque of 332 lb-ft at 3,500 rpm. The Td6's 440 ft lb are available at 1,750 rpm, an advantage for towing and low-speed maneuvers on rough terrain.

The Td6 also gets 32% better fuel economy than the gas V6, according to EPA estimates. With diesel fuel selling at or below the cost of regular unleaded, the LR diesel engine looks like a winner.

Brav

Long overdue.. I really hope they offer a diesel in the LR4, LR(?) platform.. I have been torn on what do do for my towing/adventure rig. Not much available, except for Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel.

Daddymow

$1,500 up charge isn't bad compared to the $8,000 or so Ford/Dodge/GM will hit you with to get a diesel in a 3/4 ton truck these days.

lwg

Exactly what I was thinking. For $8k you can buy a lot of gas.

Apples and oranges comparing these two. With the Big 3 diesel you basically get an entirely different drivetrain built to to 16k-29k.

Sent from my Toaster

haven

Expedition Leader
The usual automotive scribes, no doubt including an Overland Journal editor or two, are invited to Spain this week to drive the new Range Rover and Range Rover Sport with diesel engines. We should be able to read their impressions by this time next week.

Ron Mexico

Observer
I would venture a guess that when they released the Discovery 5 the diesel motor will be available.

a few weeks ago I spent some time driving a current model LR4 with JP Slavin, we talked quite a bit about the next gen Discovery...he was very confident the diesel engine will be an available option.

Jwestpro

Explorer
a few weeks ago I spent some time driving a current model LR4 with JP Slavin, we talked quite a bit about the next gen Discovery...he was very confident the diesel engine will be an available option.

but did you get any ideas on the body shape? I care a lot more about that than the engine choices. If its basically a bigger Disco SPort, then I'll be done with the brand unless a 110 sized Defender ends up here and decent.

Ron Mexico

Observer
We did not talk specifics as to the aesthetics, but I got the impression it wasn't changing much...

I'd tend to agree with you about not wanting a larger Disco Sport. I left with the feeling it'd be much more like an LR5 (if that makes sense) rather than a major redesign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh