2017 F-150 build...Everyone meet Walter White

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Another observation, and this is quite the stretch...It looks like the rear tires stick out farther than the front tires but only by the slightest amount...I don't think that would make a difference but could it? We're talking maybe 1/8 inch. Have not measured it tho.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Another observation, and this is quite the stretch...It looks like the rear tires stick out farther than the front tires but only by the slightest amount...I don't think that would make a difference but could it? We're talking maybe 1/8 inch. Have not measured it tho.

I'd look at hub to hub axle width, then seeing if the leafs mounting position is off to one side or the other.... may be miniscule, this would affect tracking. Additionally if the hub to hub distance from front to rear is different one side to the other could cause galloping or crabbing.

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
If you can't get centramatics on your f150, maybe try dynabeads? They're cheap and easy to try, and you don't have to remount the tire (the beads go through the valve stem).

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Alright. So...Ford called me. They threw on another set of wheels and tires from a Raptor and there is no vibration at all. They're recommending new tires, which I always knew was a possibility. I asked if they could assure me it's the tires and not one of more of the wheels and they are checking with their Raptor guy. They said if I give the ok for new tires and they do swap them and the problem still exists, they will not charge me for the new tires and throw my old ones back on.

Kinda sucks I'll be dropping $1200+ on 4 new tires but WHATEVER. I'd have to do it at some point one way or another.

If this fixes it I will be happy- I literally exhausted all options before the expensive ones.

Oh and I got 2 recall upgrades- something about B pillar seatbels and fire.

D

Deleted member 9101

Alright. So...Ford called me. They threw on another set of wheels and tires from a Raptor and there is no vibration at all. They're recommending new tires, which I always knew was a possibility. I asked if they could assure me it's the tires and not one of more of the wheels and they are checking with their Raptor guy. They said if I give the ok for new tires and they do swap them and the problem still exists, they will not charge me for the new tires and throw my old ones back on.

Kinda sucks I'll be dropping $1200+ on 4 new tires but WHATEVER. I'd have to do it at some point one way or another.

If this fixes it I will be happy- I literally exhausted all options before the expensive ones.

Oh and I got 2 recall upgrades- something about B pillar seatbels and fire.

Sucks, but at least Ford is working with you.

The seat belt recall is to add some fireproofing around the cartridge that retracts the seatbelt during an accident.

ITTOG

Awesome that this will finally end this saga for you. But I have never heard of tires so bad that they couldn't be balanced. Very interesting.

D

Deleted member 9101

Awesome that this will finally end this saga for you. But I have never heard of tires so bad that they couldn't be balanced. Very interesting.

It's rare, but it does happen. It seems to be more common with larger AT/MT tires than passenger car tires.

D

Deleted member 9101

This would also tell me why the wheels and tires were only $1200 too...... Gotta love CL. My desire to have this set up took over my common sense lol

Haha... Just might be.

Years ago I bought some used rims for my 1st gen Tundra and one turned out to bent.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Since we're on the topic of tires, I might switch them to Toyo AT3s. Thoughts?

I like toyos and I've had them on my excusrion and my 78 Scout, but I've also had the BGFs on them too...I like them both and Toyo I think looks sexier but there's something about the OG (ish) tread pattern on the BFGs...

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Since we're on the topic of tires, I might switch them to Toyo AT3s. Thoughts?

I like toyos and I've had them on my excusrion and my 78 Scout, but I've also had the BGFs on them too...I like them both and Toyo I think looks sexier but there's something about the OG (ish) tread pattern on the BFGs...

I like BFGs because at heart, I'm a total boomer when it comes to tires.

I have General Grabber X3s and I think their material is great, however I wouldn't suggest the X3 if you're looking at AT tires. Perhaps General A/TX?

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
Bfg ko2's (the ones everyone looooves) were waaaay out of round the last time I had a set on my old FJ cruiser. I think their quality has gone way down.

Toyos and coopers have been the best tires that I've experienced. My last set of toyo's almost needed zero weight to be balanced.

Go for it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob