2017 F-150 build...Everyone meet Walter White

D

Deleted member 9101

Driver side, I removed the airbox and went in from up top.

They are a pain in the butt though. Worst bulb access I've ever dealt with.

Oh man... Ya gotta go through the wheel well. It's couple of small screws and then you bend the wheel well liner out of the way. If you turn your wheels you get plenty of room to work.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Oh man... Ya gotta go through the wheel well. It's couple of small screws and then you bend the wheel well liner out of the way. If you turn your wheels you get plenty of room to work.
I did that on the pass side. Driver side I found it faster just to remove the airbox.

One thing I loved about my old denali, 2 mins to change a light bulb... lol

ITTOG

Driver side, I removed the airbox and went in from up top.

They are a pain in the butt though. Worst bulb access I've ever dealt with.
To do the job on my daughter's fusion you have to remove the light housing and to remove the light housing you have to remove the front bumper/grill fascia. It is probably the worst I have seen.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
So- Got my road force balance done. Still shaky and full of vibration from 67-78. When I hit 80 it's smooth sailing...which is a definite improvement since that's the typical San Diego freeway speed for everyone...

Took it to my local ford dealer on my way home and happened the get the service manager who was very knowledgeable. They also happened to have the areas raptor service expert who is specific to raptors. He looked it over and said to make an appointment and he will diagnose. So Wednesday I'm dropping it off and we will see.

My road force balance yesterday was $0.00 because discount has great customer service so that was awesome.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
To do the job on my daughter's fusion you have to remove the light housing and to remove the light housing you have to remove the front bumper/grill fascia. It is probably the worst I have seen.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Oh yeah that's terrible.

I understand engineers wanting to engineer a car so it has to be serviced by a dealership (Understand the logic, don't agree with it) but for simple things like bulb changes, why make it so difficult?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I did that on the pass side. Driver side I found it faster just to remove the airbox.

One thing I loved about my old denali, 2 mins to change a light bulb... lol

They changed for some reason. On the newer GM's you have to remove the airbox on the passenger side or the second battery(if equipped) on the drivers side. PITA compared to the simple design they had.

Grassland

I forget, but has the driveshaft for the rear been checked? I don't recall what years they had bad batches of shafts but in any case I'd think it would be noticeable at other speeds.
Crazy that after that many eyes and attempts to balance it, no solution so far.
Maybe it's something other than the tires and rims?

D

Deleted member 9101

I forget, but has the driveshaft for the rear been checked? I don't recall what years they had bad batches of shafts but in any case I'd think it would be noticeable at other speeds.
Crazy that after that many eyes and attempts to balance it, no solution so far.
Maybe it's something other than the tires and rims?

Driveshaft was my guess too. I had a weight come off of mine, so I know it's possiable.

Dougnuts

I just read about someone on the F150 forums, with a white truck like yours, replacing tons of parts before determining he had a bent rear axle shaft.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I asked a mechanic to check the weights on the driveshast- he said they are all there and it looks fine. I have no inspected it myself but maybe Ill give it a shot.

The reason I think it is a wheel/tire issue is because it's only an issue at high speed (65+) compared to feeling something at low speeds (under 60 MPH) and it literally was fine at 3PM and not fine at 4PM when I picked up the truck from Discount.

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
I had good luck with Centramatic wheel balancers on my F250 with 35's, might be worth trying? They are similar to balance beads in your tires, but without the mess.

twodollars

Have you seen the tire spinning on the balancer? Out of round (egg shaped) tires will zero out on a balancer. but still shake going down the road. It's pretty easy to see while they are spinning on the balancer. I've had more trouble with out of round tires in the last ten years than I can recall previously. Also I have only found one local shop that can actually balance a wheel and tire to my satisfaction. Not sure what the issue is, but it's been hard for me to find

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Have you seen the tire spinning on the balancer? Out of round (egg shaped) tires will zero out on a balancer. but still shake going down the road. It's pretty easy to see while they are spinning on the balancer. I've had more trouble with out of round tires in the last ten years than I can recall previously. Also I have only found one local shop that can actually balance a wheel and tire to my satisfaction. Not sure what the issue is, but it's been hard for me to find
I definitely tried but they wouldn't let me be that close. But I was watching the best I could and did not see anything.

Thats one of the things I am going to have Ford check when I take it in on Wed to have their raptor guy look at it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob