2017+ Ford Super Duty Rear Cab Storage

Ninelitetrip

Looking for some storage solutions for the rear passenger area, specifically on a 2017+ Super Cab, for dimension specific. I want to remove the rear bench seat and still retain the solo rear seat. Place a @ 3/16th aluminum deck on the floor as a platform and then run an aluminum molle panel from the deck up the rear wall to ceiling height. Rear visibility is already blocked by a flatbed.

I am familiar with https://www.fahrtsystems.com/ and https://www.goose-gear.com/

My preference is not a drawer system, and specifically for GG they do not have any system of any kind available for the Super Cab, although one is in development.

So before I go and have this custom-made, does anyone know of a current design and product that is available?

Appreciate any suggestions.

For anyone looking for a center console have a look here. https://pptexas.com/center-consoles/ford-truck/ford-super-duty/ford-superduty

The 2017+ Ford Super Duty consoles are constructed as a one piece unit, requiring no assembly. They are made from ½” thick HDPE plastic combined with a thermoplastic welding process, resulting in unparallel strength and durability.

This console features dual cup holders with a small storage area in the middle. A huge locking storage area is large enough for (8) 1” ring binders and doubles as a perfect height arm rest. Our console allows for full size radios and sirens that require depths of 8.5”. The padded arm rest is also INCLUDED! This console utilizes the four factory center seat bolts, and installation only takes about 3 minutes!!!

**Please specify if your vehicle is 4x4 with a floor shifter and if your dash is Straight or Notched**

LIST PRICE $860 (without 4x4 floor shifter)

LIST PRICE $875 (with 4x4 floor shifter)

Comes with blank faceplate. Equipment holes can be cut to your specific equipment at no charge.

Accessories available:

• Jotto radio/siren faceplates
  • Individual 12V 15A marine grade switches
  • Single 12v plug
  • Dual USB 3.0/USB-c charger plug with voltmeter
  • Dual USB 3.0 charger plug with voltmeter
  • Computer post - external mount

@BretEdge

@chadx

@eyemgh

@mk216v

@montypower

@tacollie

@thegoldrun

@Macfly

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ Off the road again. Just can't wait to get...
I'm so subscribed to this thread. I have home-built plywood platform in our Tundra. Not have Superduty with supercab on order for next project and so just starting this exact same research. A aftermarket solution is my dream, but agree that most are drawer, which I don't want, or too little space below the platform, or aren't made for supercab so fear I may be building my own again. I'd need to measure, but my current platform is 10" - 12" above the floor. I can slide my portable ARB compressor under there. We keep that, recovery gear, tool box, first aid kit, etc. underneath which leaves a lot of room on the platform above.
My plywood platform, in the Tundra doublecab, was supposed to be temporary until I had time to pull it out and "do it right". Well, it served us well for the last three years. If I end up doing my own for the Superduty, I am thinking of something with a frame made of "T slot aluminum extrusion", thought, it's really hard to beat a simple 1/2" - 3/4" plywood legs, surface and back board.

61n8zE6qg-L._SL1500_.jpg 61RaZKddgGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ninelitetrip

Absolutely, a homemade solution would certainly work. I've seen plenty of GG installs, nice product. Currently only available for the Crew Cab. I like going with 3/16th because it's thin but durable. If I recall @montypower built a platform in their SD which holds their bikes. And then @mk216v had a very custom-made install. I'm trying to stay really simple. Being able to hang items off the back wall would be desirable.

Chadx

♫ Off the road again. Just can't wait to get...
The GearGoose platform is slick looking, but I'd really have to think through rearranging how I use a platform since one can only access the under-platform storage space through the top hatches, which means moving everything out of the way to access. One could choose to only store items rarely used under their, like recovery gear, but if I'm in a recovery situation (mudhole or on a steep, angled section of trail), not the time I want to be unloading all the gear coving those hatches. Same for toolbox and emergency kit; not used often, but quick access to them is nice. I can't really think of what I'd store underneath the platform in those hatches. On some of their other platforms, the sides are open and/or can have drawers, but the Superduty one is closed off. Even if I cut open the side to have open access underneath, it's too short for most of the gear I store underneath. That platform would need another 4", or so, of height. My understanding is they are so low because they lay on, and mount to, the the seat brackets in the install videos for other vehicles anyway. Sure is tempting because they look so slick and are already cut to size and mounts thought out, but in the end, if it won't store what I need underneath, then just won't work for my rig. Going to look into the other brand mentioned since I've never heard of them before.

21.12.15_Ford_F150-SuperCrew_SeatDelete-049_3a81f69b-5d91-4557-a3bd-009a89cc3c1a.jpg

eyemgh

I haven't done anything yet. I plan on making something that I can slide in with the seat up, but still installed because we sometimes carry passengers skiing. I also want it to hold my 15lb dog up top. I'm still contemplating the design.

Ninelitetrip

The GearGoose platform is slick looking, but I'd really have to think through rearranging how I use a platform since one can only access the under-platform storage space through the top hatches, which means moving everything out of the way to access. One could choose to only store items rarely used under their, like recovery gear, but if I'm in a recovery situation (mudhole or on a steep, angled section of trail), not the time I want to be unloading all the gear coving those hatches. Same for toolbox and emergency kit; not used often, but quick access to them is nice. I can't really think of what I'd store underneath the platform in those hatches. On some of their other platforms, the sides are open and/or can have drawers, but the Superduty one is closed off. Even if I cut open the side to have open access underneath, it's too short for most of the gear I store underneath. That platform would need another 4", or so, of height. My understanding is they are so low because they lay on, and mount to, the the seat brackets in the install videos for other vehicles anyway. Sure is tempting because they look so slick and are already cut to size and mounts thought out, but in the end, if it won't store what I need underneath, then just won't work for my rig. Going to look into the other brand mentioned since I've never heard of them before.

View attachment 788947

The GG is certainly nice, and widely adopted. And not cheap. I myself would like open access underneath from both the driver's side and pax side. The top loading means smaller items and having to remove items laying on top to gain access. The GG is also pre-drilled to accept their drawer system. I don't want drawers, I'm fine with tubs and storage bags. @Macfly has the Fahrt system and has a specific reason for using the full-width drawer system.

Ninelitetrip

I haven't done anything yet. I plan on making something that I can slide in with the seat up, but still installed because we sometimes carry passengers skiing. I also want it to hold my 15lb dog up top. I'm still contemplating the design.

Trying to keep it as simple as possible. Something similar to the external aluminum molle panels we see, bolts to the OEM floor mounts, 60% width to preserve the pax side jumpseat, and open at the sides to allow full access underneath.

dstefan

Here’s what I did in my Tundra. The flat floor and swing back doors in the F250 Supercab would seem to be even better for this type built in.
One of the biggest goals with my build was to keep weight down, but we needed organization. Started with the back seat using 1/2" baltic birch plywood for a platform, then added a second story for a slide out drawer. Despite Toyota's inability to put in a flat floor in the double cabs this adds a ton of space down low and centered. The DC seats fold up really flat and I just drilled through the steel supports in three places for rivenuts. The whole thing comes out with 6 bolts and a screw and my seats are usable. May eventually take the seats out, but so far no need. I know the legs don't look strong, but I can lay down on top and it doesn't budge. No shifting offroad either.
View attachment 700234
I keep all my recovery gear and my tire/Safejack kit under the front seats and sides of the platform when I'm packed. Still trying to get comfortable leaving gear in my truck since I can't get it in garage anymore.

The drawer is 18x24" and holds the contents plus of one of my Plano boxes that used to be in the camper. We slide a hanging compartmented pack bag into the space on the D side opposite the box. I'll show that later inside the camper.
View attachment 700238
It's made from leftover Coroplast from another project that's been in my garage for ten years (hence the color). No runners, just easily slides out, but the legs and door contain it off road. Box itself weighs nearly nothing -- maybe 2 lbs. Coroplast boxes are easy to make, light, cheap, and durable. Used some thin angle aluminum, and VHB. Happy to describe how to make these further if anyone wants to know more.
View attachment 700242

I'm a big fan of Blue Ridge Overland Gear bags. I put in two of their headrest 1st Aid bags, one for a minor first aid kit, and one for misc gear I didn't want to hunt for (flashlights, multitool, sunscreen, etc. The round thing is an airfilter. Really helps when the air gets smokey.

Unlike Tacomas, it's hard to find a gear loft made for Tundras, especially the doublecabs. Used an Amazon sourced cargo net and the nice folks at BROG sold me two clip things that hold the middle strap from their Tacoma loft. The loft has been great for reducing clutter by holding jackets, hats, rail or warmer jackets, etc. If someone wants to make one of these for a doublecab Tundra, let me know and I'll post sources and a few more pictures of how it's anchored.
View attachment 700246

Building the final structure in the camper next post . . .

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The 2017+ redesign with the fold flat rear floor makes it almost a non-starter for me to bother with changing anything back there in regards to storage. My truck is a daily/tow rig but if I were traveling full-time out of it I could see some benefit to an added/enhanced system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger