2017 Super Duty

TeamWild

Observer
This would have been much better.

1445052990181465640.jpg

chet6.7

Explorer
Good to see they improved the frame,a tilt cab would be nice.:sombrero:
I suspect the aftermarket grille makers will sell a few for Ford and Ram Rebels.

OCD Overland

Explorer
I thought for sure they'd include an ecoboost in the lineup, maybe with the same specs planned for the Raptor.

I'm somewhat ambivalent about the looks, mostly since I've never liked any of the SDs. I do think they'd have been better off keeping within the Atlas style - maybe the Atlas/F150 grill but a boxier hood. The Raptor mock up looks pretty sweet, too.

SD buyers will like the F150 cab I think - by chance I just test drove an F150 platinum this morning and the interior is pretty nice. The flat storage space in the rear of the super crew with the seats up is a real bonus. The add-on trailer camera will be a nice addition, too - I'd like to see that make it's way to the 2017 F150s too.

Rroop32

If you block the first photo of the grill with your finger, ther rest of the truck looks similar to a dodge ram. I like it....im assuming the 10 cross members are on the long bed? Crew cab?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I actually really like it besides that grill. Trucks are getting boxy again like they were in the 80's.

****** is "military grade aluminum body?" Does that mean it's bullet proof/IED proof? Should be perfect for my South America trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AM General Hummers have aluminum bodies. And they are holding up extremely well. If Ford's body is half as good, then I'm trading my truck in. A 30 year old Hummer looks brand new.

My 2015 F350 work truck has a similar grill. It's not that bad. I'm actually starting to like it. Oh, and MANUAL HUBS! Heck yeah! I can still get manual hubs and xfer case! Glad that they only boxed the front cheaply, and not the entire frame. C channel rules for the custom stuff we do like airsprings and utility bodies.

Last edited:

carid

I am afraid the target audience of F250/F350 trucks will switch to the GM side with they good looking 2500/3500HD trucks.

haven

Expedition Leader
Carid, Rather than troll a Ford thread, why don't you start a thread about the new GM HD trucks.

This is an interesting time to be a shopper for an HD pickup. All three major brands have stepped up their game. With diesel torque approaching four figures, it makes room for an "entry-level" diesel like the 5.0L Cummins V8, with 500 ft lbs. I think Nissan is onto something with their Titan XD, bigger than a 1500, smaller than a 2500 truck.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Carid, Rather than troll a Ford thread, why don't you start a thread about the new GM HD trucks.

This is an interesting time to be a shopper for an HD pickup. All three major brands have stepped up their game. With diesel torque approaching four figures, it makes room for an "entry-level" diesel like the 5.0L Cummins V8, with 500 ft lbs. I think Nissan is onto something with their Titan XD, bigger than a 1500, smaller than a 2500 truck.

Says the guy that then brings up Nissan...

chet6.7

Explorer
AL is OK with me, corrosion resistance should be good.
They are playing the engine specs close to the vest at this time.
As an old guy,I like the built in step and grab bar,as trucks just keep getting higher.
The grille looks better in black.

[video]https://youtu.be/jJdJDI3hW9k[/video]

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I actually really like it besides that grill. Trucks are getting boxy again like they were in the 80's.

****** is "military grade aluminum body?" Does that mean it's bullet proof/IED proof? Should be perfect for my South America trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISIS grade.
I spoke to a 6.7 owner a month ago who said his truck is stupid fast stock. He hadn't brought it back yet aside from service. 67K Super quiet engine.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I'd imagine that the engines will be the same as current. The 6.2L and 6.7 are new. All the ones in our fleet are still flawless, and stupid powerful.

But you can feel both engine ECM's say "ok, that's enough" if you try to drive like a momo. My 6.2 feels like it has 450 horsepower with a trailer, but if I unhitch and do a couple drag launches, you can feel it dial back the power and say, "Nope, you're going fast enough." But for all practical purposes, they're both a bit of overkill in the power department.
The 1-2 shift at full throttle in towing mode is pretty violent. Truck won't last long if you do that too often.

I think GM's are ugly. Square wells, round tires and such. Look like a pregnant guppy, or like an overweight dashund dog. Then there's the DPF tank 4" of the ground.
Plus they don't have any tall customers apparently, my knees go right into the dash on the passenger side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach