2018 Jeep Wrangler spotted on the side of the road

eternus

Observer
With this most recent post about the 2018 I'm admitting to be confused by why the thing is still bundled up in camo... how are they going to be making this a commercially viable product in 6 mos if they still don't have the look pinned down. With the "broken down" image I'm even more confused by their timelines. They better get their stuff together soon.

Kiriesh

Adventurer
With this most recent post about the 2018 I'm admitting to be confused by why the thing is still bundled up in camo... how are they going to be making this a commercially viable product in 6 mos if they still don't have the look pinned down. With the "broken down" image I'm even more confused by their timelines. They better get their stuff together soon.

Camo isn't necessarily because they don't have the body design done, its to keep the public from knowing what it looks like before release.

hah.. Nice, I made a comment on another forum dealing with the JT truck as an answer to their post as to why the truck has been delayed.. Which was removed by the admin thereafter.. But I said, that jeep has made some bad judgment calls and now has to pay the proceed for these calls.. According to that forum.. Jeep was rushing to get the truck out and instead of relying on AEV's design, they opted for the Dodge ram 1500 chases and they attempted to modify a jeep body onto a Dodge chases.. As the spy shots should indicate this is you look close enough.. The catch.. The truck is now too long to fit into the paint booth and the Ohio plant has to be shut down for upto 1 year or more to allow for retooling and remodeling of the paint booth. If this is true, the jeep truck wont see the light of day till (best guess) late 2019 and this is why my comment was removed. In my opinion, Jeep should have stuck with AEV's design instead of trying to rush things by throwing a jeep body on a Dodge frame..

Last edited:

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I also think the Jeep is further behind than they want us to believe. Jeep would have sent mules out to prominent aftermarket companies for design/fitment of accessories ahead of launch. Something surely would have leaked. It's still being finalized.

Zeep

Adventurer
Living in S.E. Michigan, I see these camo'ed vehicles everywhere. Some in full camo, others revealed enough to be obvious. I have personally looked inside many of these, to see them covered with test equipment. Would'nt be surprised if it just ran out of gas.
When the JK's first came out, I spotted one with a diesel, the lady behind the wheel refused to let me peek under the hood!

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
...they opted for the Dodge ram 1500 chases and they attempted to modify a jeep body onto a Dodge chases.. As the spy shots should indicate this is you look close enough.. The catch.. The truck is now too long to fit into the paint booth and the Ohio plant has to be shut down for upto 1 year or more to allow for retooling and remodeling of the paint booth. If this is true, the jeep truck wont see the light of day till (best guess) late 2019 and this is why my comment was removed. In my opinion, Jeep should have stuck with AEV's design instead of trying to rush things by throwing a jeep body on a Dodge frame..
Where did you get this (mis)information?

Where did you get this (mis)information?

http://autoweek.com/article/rumormill/signs-point-ram-platform-underpinning-new-jeep-wrangler-pickup

cdauto_wranglerpickup_72016_01.jpg

Look at the bed.. it's nothing more than the Dodge Ram bed on a modified jeep/dodge chases. This talk has been going around since the first jeep truck spy shots.. via allpar and other forums.. Like I said and believe, Jeep is grabbing at straws trying to piece together a truck even after they acquired the AEV truck design. Unless AEV can deny or confirm this. Speculation was that Jeep approached AEV liked their truck design they bought the design and asked AEV to discontinue building their jeep truck conversations..

The sad part about this.. at the last min jeep changed their minds (after buying the design from AEV) and wanted to have something to show for it during the Jeep easter event.. so they threw a jeep body on a dodge chases etc.. They liked it so much, they thought to continue with the design.. Little did they realize that the truck would be too long to fit into the painting area. So the plant has to be shut down for more than 1 year (which was scheduled to be shut down only for 6 months for retooling) to make adjustments.. Again it would help IF AEV actually confirmed at this point, that jeep bought the truck design.

This is how business works. Even our company has been known to throw a demo into the works just to have something that looks the part but doesn't necessary have to work. True the product is on the table an in the development stages.. just wasn't completed yet. This is all in attempt to sell the product to the consumer before the product was even made. Our company does this all the time.. Some demos work, while others have failed.

In my opinion and with the hope that Jeep will reconsider their agreement with AEV, they would discontinue with this Dodge/Jeep conversion and return to the original plan of using the AEV conversion truck. I'm sure AEV would like to see this progress in their favor as well. After all it would be the only Jeep truck we would want to purchase.. if it ends up being the Dodge/Jeep conversion.. I only see this Frankenstein failing miserably.

So would you rather see the Jeep truck look like this:

03-jeep-wrangler-843-photo-667955-s-original.jpg

Or like this:

attachment.php

I think the choice is very clear as to what we would like to see..

Last edited:

Alphonse

Observer
I don't see much difference between those trucks besides the AEV one looks decked out in aftermarket parts, which the first one could and would be also, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven