2018 Toyota Tundra Expedition Rig - **SOLD**

ShanesWay

2018 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew cab with permanently attached composite panel camper. Has a pass through! Truck has 86,xxx miles on it, was converted into camper at 68,xxx miles by ATC4x4 in Bend, Oregon. I purchased last fall, refit it to suit my needs, and spent 3 months on the road mainly skiing and living in below freezing temps. I have put roughly 16,xxx miles on this set up without issue. Traveled all over WY, CO, UT, NV, MT, ID, CA, WA, OR, NE, and Canada. Never needed to plug in to shore power, consumed a little less then 1/2 gallon of propane per day for heating and cooking in temps 0-20 degrees Fahrenheit. Coldest night of -15 F. Happy to answer any questions! Drives great in snow and is capable off-road. Completed Chicken Corners trail in Moab as well as several blizzards.

SOLD
Located near Duluth, MN

YouTube:

Truck:
2018 Toyota Tundra Crewcab 8' Box
Seat Belts for 5
Cruises comfortably down the highway at 75+
Averages 10 mpg
Tow Package Factory 4.30 gears, larger trans cooler, trailer brake, receiver hitch, etc
Backup Camera, Lane assist, adaptive cruise, fog lights, LED Light bar
Fresh Fluids in both diffs & transfercase 16,xxx miles ago
Fresh oil change 100 miles ago
New brakes (pads & rotors) 2,500 miles ago
33x12.5r18 Tires approx 1/2 tread
Fox Shocks, Rear Sway Bar, Rear Air Bags
On Board Air system - Tank, compressor, In Cab controls for air bags

Approx Dimensions:
Very similar to full size sprinter
11' to top of weboost antenna ~ 10' to top of camper
7'-6" Wide
23' Long
Camper is 10' Long, 7'-6" Wide and has 6'-5" Interior Height
Very comfortable for 2 people full time.

Camper
1.75" FRP Panel Construction - Aluminum Corner Extrusions
Camper sits on a steel subframe that is mounted to truck chassis.
Large Pass Through to Cab
Queen Bed over Cab
Rear Dinette converts into twin bed
Completely rewired last year - New everything
Completely replumbed last year - All Pex
12v Roof Top A/C
Propane 3 Burner Range with Oven
Propane Furnace with programable Thermostat
110 Liter Dometic AC/DC Fridge
26" x 34" Bathroom with Cassette Toilet, Shower, & Sink
On Demand Propane Hot Water Heater
Arctic Style windows and skylight with built in screens & blinds
12 Gallon Frame mounted propane tank
Frame mounted fresh & grey water tanks (30+ gallon each)
- Also set up for portable 5 gallon internal water tanks for winter use
Tons of storage space!

Electrical
All Victron Smart bluetooth Components - Monitor electrical consumption from your phone
Victron bluetooth Shunt
Victron smart AC-DC Charge Controller for shore power charging
30 Amp Automatic Transfer switch
Victron smart DC-DC 30 Amp Charger
Victron smart MPPT Charger
200 watts roof top mounted solar panels
2 - 100 AH Renogy AGM Batteries
AC-DC Distribution panel
Victron Lynx Distributor

Other:
Electric Awning
Integrated Steps
Weboost Signal Booster
Outdoor Shower

Camper is ready to go and needs nothing. Pack your bags and hit the road! Very comfortable full time setup.

Attachments

• IMG_1562.JPEG
    IMG_1562.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1571.JPEG
    IMG_1571.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1610.JPEG
    IMG_1610.JPEG
    988.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1611.JPEG
    IMG_1611.JPEG
    829.2 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1614.JPEG
    IMG_1614.JPEG
    848.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1615.JPEG
    IMG_1615.JPEG
    971.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1617.JPEG
    IMG_1617.JPEG
    970.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1618.JPEG
    IMG_1618.JPEG
    814.2 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2516.JPEG
    IMG_2516.JPEG
    911.9 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

ShanesWay

Curious what the total weight of the truck + camper is, and why it didn't work out for ya (reason for selling)?

It worked out great for me! I bought/outfitted it for the trip I completed this Spring. While I would love to do this trip annually that is not a current reality for me. I planned to sell once I completed the ski trip i did. Held on to it for the summer thinking I would have time to take it out but never did. Would like to pass it along to someone with more time to use or looking for a comfortable setup for full time living.

I have never actually weighted it but I certainly can.

ShanesWay

Looks awesome how is it title as an RV or truck? Also is ATC4x4 still in business?
It is titled as an RV. ATC became Maxgo 4x4. They built alot of Tacoma based rigs I believe this is the only Tundra. I know they were in business this Spring as I saw them posting a couple rigs for sale. I have never been in contact with them myself.

rruff

Explorer
This looks like quite a deal for someone in the market! (y)

I'm still working on a much simpler homebuilt camper on the same chassis. I laughed when you showed the air tank and pump! These DC Longbeds have a ton of empty space underneath the driver's side of the cab. I haven't figured out what to put under there yet...

I noticed on your shot of the rear suspension, there is an upgraded spring pack and a block, and it looks like Fox shocks... which type? Are there Fox shocks on the front too?

Anyway, good luck with the sale if you still have it.

ShanesWay

This looks like quite a deal for someone in the market! (y)

I'm still working on a much simpler homebuilt camper on the same chassis. I laughed when you showed the air tank and pump! These DC Longbeds have a ton of empty space underneath the driver's side of the cab. I haven't figured out what to put under there yet...

I noticed on your shot of the rear suspension, there is an upgraded spring pack and a block, and it looks like Fox shocks... which type? Are there Fox shocks on the front too?

Anyway, good luck with the sale if you still have it.
Good luck with your build! The Tundra was an awesome chassis and I am nothing but impressed with the power, handling and capability the rig had. The rear had the Fox 2.0 shocks the front was stock. With the air bags & heavy duty sway bar the truck handled the weight well. Did many miles of curvy mountain roads without issue or concern. On the freeway i could set the cruise at 75, however I did find that I would get 1-2mpg better if I drove with my foot instead of cruise.

rruff

Explorer
On the freeway i could set the cruise at 75, however I did find that I would get 1-2mpg better if I drove with my foot instead of cruise.
Ya, if the road is hilly, even if they aren't that steep, cruise will kill mpg.

You sold it fast! (y)

chaos_cascade

Sorry if I missed this but how much was it? How does the cab not twist and fracture the panels when on fire roads? Everyone else leaves so much flex space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism