2020 F250 6.7L Tremor w/ Carli & 37’s Build Thread

Trixxx

Suspension showed up and installed at the local Ford Dealer!
Installed:
Carli Backcountry Kit
Stainless steel sway bar end links
Full progressive leaf springs
High mount steering stabilizer

While it’s just a couple inch lift, it seems to make A HUGE different. I’m definitely glad I didn’t go with the taller lift, the lift/wheel/tire combo seems 100% perfect for my needs.

The ride is obviously a big improvement, but what I didn’t expect was huge improvement on steering and handling bumps at speed. It drives as straight as an arrow and on a 50 mile highway drive at 65-70 mph Thursday night it still had no problem getting 20 mpg.

I’m mostly done with all the big stuff for now. May do a few more things sometime down the road (radius arms, diff guard, skid plates, Baja design lights) but none of those I feel pressed to do anytime soon.

May think of some other things over time, but now time to just enjoy it. Have a busy couple years of work ahead, so no major trips unfortunately (Was planning to take a 6+ months off in August, but now that my wife is pregnant with my first I switched jobs.. 6 months with a newborn wasn’t appealing lol). Hopefully after this job we can take a longgggg stretch. I may be upgrading the Casita to a 23’ Oliver at that time and use that as a longer term home base and through a RTT and all the camping gear on the truck for when we want to get off the beaten path.

DFA68986-7E22-4912-B403-66F6CED23581.jpegF1D2F015-A10C-4D14-AB8D-2FCEA21C85BB.jpeg87C904E0-025F-4ABC-A0DA-151E32FBCDF5.jpeg9E2DD470-08C7-4FFA-8A19-01F802802BF6.jpeg7402DF41-BBA2-4F38-8441-B6E0025AE103.jpegAF30D2C0-ED66-4852-9BBC-C05E373A286E.jpeg611E30FE-461F-466C-B0DD-3DB0828F516C.jpeg

Last edited:

tacollie

Glamper
I literally laughed out loud when I opened the box with the end links.

I still need to decide on leaf springs. The truck looks good.

Trixxx

I literally laughed out loud when I opened the box with the end links.

I still need to decide on leaf springs. The truck looks good.

Due to how heavy duty they are?

I’m happy with the leaf springs. I may to get some airbags if I end up doing any heavy towing. My current trailer only has a 450-ish lb tongue weight.

tacollie

Glamper
Due to how heavy duty they are?

I’m happy with the leaf springs. I may to get some airbags if I end up doing any heavy towing. My current trailer only has a 450-ish lb tongue weight.
I laughed because they are overkill imo. I like them.

I'll figure out leafs when I get my flatbed done in the fall. The factory ones are fine on road but are rough off road. With 1500lbs on it the rear is definitely low.

Trixxx

As much as I love my diamondback setup with frontrunner racks, I’m considering getting a full topper (likely ARE or Leer) along with the 2000# slider. I’d like to have more room for things like my ARB fridge and just countless other to protect from the elements. Now that we have a little one on the way, for big trips, I’m sure our needs for the space would be well utilized..

I’ve always been hesitant because I feel like they take away from the look of the vehicle quite a bit. From a practical purpose, I just can’t think of any downsides based on my uses.. Decisions decisions.

Thoughts?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
You hate them until you have one and then once you realize what you've been missing you wonder why you didn't get one sooner and how you'll ever live without again in the future. I 120% say go for it.

B^2

Observer
As much as I love my diamondback setup with frontrunner racks, I’m considering getting a full topper (likely ARE or Leer) along with the 2000# slider. I’d like to have more room for things like my ARB fridge and just countless other to protect from the elements. Now that we have a little one on the way, for big trips, I’m sure our needs for the space would be well utilized..

I’ve always been hesitant because I feel like they take away from the look of the vehicle quite a bit. From a practical purpose, I just can’t think of any downsides based on my uses.. Decisions decisions.

Thoughts?

When I had a mid size truck (2017 Chevy colorado) I put an ARE CX HD topper on it and I loved it. Reinforced so you can put substantial weight on the top without worrying about cracking or damage. I also threw a Rhino Rack Pioneer platform up there too which enabled me to put my cargo box up there and other items if I had wanted to. When I looked at the costs of a soft topper, it made more sense for me to just get the real deal. When we would go on trips with our daughter who was a newborn, the amount of **************** we would bring with us was insane. If we had just a cover on there, we wouldn't have been able to fit everything. To me it's nice to have the space and not need it vs the other way around. Also, make sure you get windows that flip up on both sides of the cap as it will make loading/unloading a lot easier. Especially if you have something in the very back you want to access.

BretEdge

Adventurer
Damn good looking rig! I installed 37's on my 2021 recently (factory suspension) and the Carli Pintop is going on 7/9. Definitely will be following your build!

ricoisme26

I’m pro topper myself, picked this one up used and cheap so I’m hesitant to mount anything on the roof. Plan to get a reinforced model on my next truck and mount a rack/cargo platform up top, bed drawers and a slide on top of them inside.
My fiancé was calling it a pap-cap when I bought it. Her dad argued they should be called smart caps because they keep your tools etc dry and locked up
42f90090e9e8bfd078f00336a919d590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trixxx

Thanks everyone for confirming what I expected. Not in a major hurry but since they have a long lead time I’ll probably order it late summer to make sure it’s ready for our Christmas trip.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Does the ceramic tint seem like driving with sunglasses on at night? I always question the installation on a windshield. Nice package indeed.
Be sure and swap out the fuel filters on schedule. Ford's Powerstroke shares the Bosch CP4 like the Cummins. They don't like dirty fuel.

Explorerinil

Observer
Does the ceramic tint seem like driving with sunglasses on at night? I always question the installation on a windshield. Nice package indeed.
Be sure and swap out the fuel filters on schedule. Ford's Powerstroke shares the Bosch CP4 like the Cummins. They don't like dirty fuel.
Cummins no longer uses the cp4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77