2020 F250 6.7L Tremor w/ Carli & 37’s Build Thread

Trixxx

How well does the kennel keep the hair contained?

German Shepherds and Labs are unique because they only shed twice a year, for 6 months in the spring and 6 months in the fall...

If you were to consider the amount of hair with no kennel on a scale of 1-10 being a 10, then with the kennel I would call it a 3. In the back and area around the kennel it’s a 3-4. In the front it’s a 0-1.. Not to mention how much less wear and tear overall on the seats, doors, etc.

As much as we loved having a free roaming dog who could enjoy the breeze out the window with his nose, he oddly seems every bit as happy in the kennel. He LOVE’s going in there.. When we’re at our storage unit picking up/dropping off the trailer, sometimes I let him run around for a bit. Often, after a bit of running around, he’s sitting back by the car door waiting for me to open the door to his kennel so he can jump in, and it’s not even time to go..

jonathon

German Shepherds and Labs are unique because they only shed twice a year, for 6 months in the spring and 6 months in the fall...

If you were to consider the amount of hair with no kennel on a scale of 1-10 being a 10, then with the kennel I would call it a 3. In the back and area around the kennel it’s a 3-4. In the front it’s a 0-1.. Not to mention how much less wear and tear overall on the seats, doors, etc.

As much as we loved having a free roaming dog who could enjoy the breeze out the window with his nose, he oddly seems every bit as happy in the kennel. He LOVE’s going in there.. When we’re at our storage unit picking up/dropping off the trailer, sometimes I let him run around for a bit. Often, after a bit of running around, he’s sitting back by the car door waiting for me to open the door to his kennel so he can jump in, and it’s not even time to go..

Thank you! I have a white GSD and she’s just happy to go. I don’t think she cares how as long as she is with us. She does the same thing, loves waiting in the truck.

Grassland

Can you tell us a little about your trailer, mods, size, weight, key features...
He's actually got a build thread in the retail trailers section I'll try to get the link for u

Porkchopexpress

I think some breeds feel more comfortable in a kennel. My last dog who was a Rottweiler mix didn't like kennels at all. My current dog which is a husky likes her kennel and looks for similar areas to hang out in like closets or under furniture. I put blankets over a couple dining room chairs pushed together and that's her favorite spot. Once she is full grown I will build something nicer.

Trixxx

The whole wheel/tire thing has turned into a way way larger headache than I care to even put in words. Discount tire dropped the ball countless times, and the ford dealer ordered my Carli kit from a different place than I told them to which resulted in about $650 in tax. So - I told them to return the kit, I would order it on my own, and bring it in for install. That has caused about a 2 month delay. Suspension should be going on next month.

That being said, I was able to install the wheels/tires first week of Jan on stock suspension, little bit of rub and trimming. Not something I’d want permanently, but fine in the meantime. Had I of known I was switching jobs, having a baby, postponing our next big sabbatical, etc., and I probably could have done with a more basic lift instead of the $5300+install, but I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

Current wheels and tires went on at 15k miles. 17” Method NV, +0 offset, 37x12.5“ Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Have around 2500-3000 miles on the wheels and tires now and very impressed with the combo. Getting 17ish mpg on the interstate doing 70-75 and can easily get 22-23 mpg at 55..

Nice having all this time on the wheels/tires with stock suspension so that when the Carli goes on I’ll be able to tell what the difference is for the wheels/tires vs the suspension as well.

30E34725-E5E7-40FE-96E6-51DA4728635B.jpeg83B46E01-0DEF-4180-BC63-2D86CFF95482.jpeg3BC4955A-F94F-4B7B-86A2-49169B72930E.jpeg

Trixxx

How hard is the Diamond Back cover to remove and re-install if you needed to use the truck bed to haul something?

Not bad. Could probably do it in 10-15 mins at Most. Open the front and rear, pop the struts out, then they just slide out. The middle piece has two bolts on each side clamping it to the cover..

Superduty

Adventurer
The whole wheel/tire thing has turned into a way way larger headache than I care to even put in words. Discount tire dropped the ball countless times, and the ford dealer ordered my Carli kit from a different place than I told them to which resulted in about $650 in tax. So - I told them to return the kit, I would order it on my own, and bring it in for install. That has caused about a 2 month delay. Suspension should be going on next month.

That being said, I was able to install the wheels/tires first week of Jan on stock suspension, little bit of rub and trimming. Not something I’d want permanently, but fine in the meantime. Had I of known I was switching jobs, having a baby, postponing our next big sabbatical, etc., and I probably could have done with a more basic lift instead of the $5300+install, but I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

Current wheels and tires went on at 15k miles. 17” Method NV, +0 offset, 37x12.5“ Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Have around 2500-3000 miles on the wheels and tires now and very impressed with the combo. Getting 17ish mpg on the interstate doing 70-75 and can easily get 22-23 mpg at 55..

Nice having all this time on the wheels/tires with stock suspension so that when the Carli goes on I’ll be able to tell what the difference is for the wheels/tires vs the suspension as well.

Great looking truck.

The Tremor has some lift above a stock Superduty, right? And I believe the 2020 was lowered a little bit compared to the pre 2020s. How much more lift do you think you will get with the 2.5 Carli?

Trixxx

@Superduty The Tremor sits around 1.5” higher than stock super duty’s, however a little of that is due to the stock 35” tire on the Tremor. The Carli level kit on a Tremor will raise the front about 2” and the rear will remain the same.

Yesterday my wife and I were out and about and saw a much taller super duty aNDT she mentioned that maybe I should get the 4.5” kit instead of the 2.5” kit. Considering she is 5’1 and 5 months pregnant, that is pretty awesome lol.. My Carli kit still hasn’t shipped yet.

I am a bit torn now.. I really have no need for the taller lift (or shorter, aside to stop rubbing and ride better). Just makes me wonder if since I’m spending $7k or so on suspension/install, if I want to go with something a bit more...

here’s the difference, both with 37’s. White is 4.5” and black is 2.5”.

Attachments

• 3AD86A1E-37DF-4275-846E-3F048BED8A75.jpeg
    3AD86A1E-37DF-4275-846E-3F048BED8A75.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 211
  • 1B558BFC-636F-4009-8F03-D8DB76EB39A4.jpeg
    1B558BFC-636F-4009-8F03-D8DB76EB39A4.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 211

Superduty

Adventurer
@Trixxx I personally like the aesthetics of the 4.5" and 37s more than the 2.5". I need to pull the trigger on whether I want to go 2.5 or 4.5. I plan to do some mild off roading, if I can do that with 2.5 then I should probably stick with that. I am thinking of doing 2.5 and then adding an inch using something like this if I don't like the look. My truck is a 99 (gonna convert to coils) I am not sure if the front / rear wheel well openings are different (compared to the 17+) and as such will be a different look.

What am I sacrificing with the 2.5" and 37s? Might only be aesthetics.

@montypower seems to do just fine off roading with the 2.5" kit. He is using the diesel spring on the gas engine, not sure if that gained him slightly more lift, but I can't imagine it is much.

blacklbzbeauty

Pragmatism = 2.5" lift
But damn the 4.5" looks awesome

@Superduty The Tremor sits around 1.5” higher than stock super duty’s, however a little of that is due to the stock 35” tire on the Tremor. The Carli level kit on a Tremor will raise the front about 2” and the rear will remain the same.

Yesterday my wife and I were out and about and saw a much taller super duty aNDT she mentioned that maybe I should get the 4.5” kit instead of the 2.5” kit. Considering she is 5’1 and 5 months pregnant, that is pretty awesome lol.. My Carli kit still hasn’t shipped yet.

I am a bit torn now.. I really have no need for the taller lift (or shorter, aside to stop rubbing and ride better). Just makes me wonder if since I’m spending $7k or so on suspension/install, if I want to go with something a bit more...

here’s the difference, both with 37’s. White is 4.5” and black is 2.5”.

Trixxx

CJC reached out today. Carli is ready for shipment, should have it in the next week or two and installed soon after!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77