2024 RAM 5500 Camper Hauler Build

LikeABoss

Observer
Looking good! I sold my 4500 and have a 5500 that looks very similar to yours now.

Stazworks is a couple hours from me and John gave me a tour last summer. I don’t think they routinely modify mrap wheels any more. Their 2 piece are milled from forged blocks of aluminum in house.

He told me both military and civilian tires are fine for the bead and I can confirm civilian tires work.

You can get a 91/95 set. Benefits are 95 looks a little better under a typical 96 wide flatbed. More importantly the 91 wide front does make a difference in clearance at lock. Downside is a slightly different track width.

Option 2 is a 93 wide square setup. I have plenty of clearance with the AEV fenders and a lift so went this route. I have 40” civilian tires on these for a winter setup. I have continentals on hutchinsons for when I need the weight capacity. These are 96 wide square which is pretty aggressive. I need to run about 4-5” of lift to clear these at lock.

Chasing Snow

Well we have the new wheel adapters on and installed. Track width is exactly the same front to back (90" wide outside to outside) but I now have a slight rub on the sway bar at full lock. Plan is to add approximately 1/8" shim to the steering stop. It will reduce the turn radius slightly but should be minimal. My question for anyone running the super singles is how do you do your tire pressure monitoring system? Is there a good aftermarket system you recommend or how did you adapt the factory sensors (this is the preferred way I would like to go if possible).

Attachments

• 20240505_180729.jpg
    20240505_180729.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240505_180733.jpg
    20240505_180733.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

gprguy

I can't speak for super singles but I did add TPMS to my 2022 4500 which still runs duals. I could not get it the sensors to register with just two sensors in the back. Once I put the sensors on the remaining 4 wheels it registered immediately.

So my thought would be drill a second set of valve stems in the rear wheels and put both sets of sensors in there. Truck won't know the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater