22' RAM 3500 AEV Prospector XL w/ Four Wheel Camper Hawk

4x4ready

Finally had chance to put together the ultimate truck I’ve been dreaming about for a while. Picked up the Prospector @ Glendale RAM, working with Jackson was very smooth and effeicient.

2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn Sport AEV Prospector XL
Took delivery 7/22 @ Glendale RAM (great experience, highly recommended)

Olive Green Big Horn Sport, only option is Heated seats / steering wheel
- HO Cummins
- 12” rear end
- Payload 3,800 lbs.

2021 Four Wheel Camper Hawk Front Dinette.

Updates completed:
- Lowered camper 2 inches and installed smaller bumpers to move it as forward as possible in the truck bed.
- RAM OEM Night Edition LED headlights. Direct swap + computer module update via OBD port
- Thermal Pack w/ Reflectix sandwiched inbetween
- AEV Brush Gaurd
- AEV 2019+ Snorkel w/ Precleaner

Planned updates:
- Redarc redvision system
- ARB Twin Compressor / Mount / Air Up Down or Wifey system
- 2 Dakota lithium 270ah batteries
- Gray water tank in spare tire area or mounted along frame
- Titan 55 gallon fuel tank
- Rig'd supply spare tire mount
- Custom leaf’s (on order)
- 4.44s for a 12” rear end + lockers. (On order since 5/24, waiting on rear carrier)

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 2.24.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 2.24.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 2.26.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 2.21.14 PM.png

Attachments

• 1672858227542.png
    1672858227542.png
    229 bytes · Views: 65
  • 1672858227513.png
    1672858227513.png
    229 bytes · Views: 43
  • 1672858227573.png
    1672858227573.png
    229 bytes · Views: 40
  • 1672858227602.png
    1672858227602.png
    229 bytes · Views: 36
Last edited:

TexasStevo

Super nice man. I really dig the newer front bumper with brush guard. Wish it was an option to upgrade my 2016 Prospector. My truck retired from daily driving/weekend warrior a couple years ago, 2016 CCSB CTD 6spd manual. I am wanting to get it outfitted permanently with a pop up camper or a UTE style canopy bed. I want being prepared/packed/access to gear to be easier vs. the jenga I play currently. AT Summit on the brain, some AU products, FWC, Alaskan etc. Normal analysis paralysis with the options out there. One of things I don't like about the FWC Hawk is how high it sticks up and the not forward enough thing, like it bothers me a lot (doesn't look as bad on a super duty). You mentioned lowering 2". Assuming this is something you did when ordering it.....like the pop top section is the lower model like used on the Fleet units? Or you did some modifying yourself? Would love to know more. And moving forward....wish we could get it even further forward by modifying the bed, maybe use the camper as the strength, cut out "square tube" section of the bed up front. Again, really nice looking truck.....and I like the way you think :).

ramblinChet

Please provide additional information and pictures related to "lowered camper 2 inches and installed smaller bumpers to move it as forward as possible in the truck bed." I would like to learn more.

eg23

Nice build. Looks like a great combo.
I’m also very intrigued by the “lowered 2”.
Fantastic looking rig! Congrats!

4x4ready

You mentioned lowering 2". Assuming this is something you did when ordering it.....like the pop top section is the lower model like used on the Fleet units? Or you did some modifying yourself?

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. For my Hawk unit I simply removed the 1x4 wood planks on the bottom. In my case there were 3 stacked (.75 x 3 = 2.25"). I also put masking tap along front face of the camper and cut off the overhand as well 2.25 inches. If I ever sell or need to fit it onto a truck with a higher cab I can add the 1x4's back depending on how high it needs to clear. For example I installed a Hawk on a 17' tundra and it needed 1x4s added to clear. The RAM has a lower cab height relative to the bed so I was able to remove them completely.

Please provide additional information and pictures related to "lowered camper 2 inches and installed smaller bumpers to move it as forward as possible in the truck bed." I would like to learn more.

re: the bumpers, the ones it came with were 4" in length, I replaced them with 2" units and it left about a 1/2 inch of clearance still but overall a much tighter fit.

Nice build. Looks like a great combo.
I’m also very intrigued by the “lowered 2”.
Fantastic looking rig! Congrats!

Happy to chat and show more detail in a video perhaps as well.

ramblinChet

Thank you! I've been wanting a AEV built RAM for many years. I previously always did all my own upgrades but really appreciated the time saved and overall lower cost in the long run in time. Turn key and haven't had an issue since fully warrantied is nice too.

Ditto. I have built so many Jeeps but after I considered shipping costs and considered how much time it would cost for me to install, it was an easy decision. AEV designed and built the system and they do it all the time. Case closed.

BTW - what lockers are you planning to install for your front and rear?

Hegear

Super nice man. I really dig the newer front bumper with brush guard. Wish it was an option to upgrade my 2016 Prospector. My truck retired from daily driving/weekend warrior a couple years ago, 2016 CCSB CTD 6spd manual. I am wanting to get it outfitted permanently with a pop up camper or a UTE style canopy bed. I want being prepared/packed/access to gear to be easier vs. the jenga I play currently. AT Summit on the brain, some AU products, FWC, Alaskan etc. Normal analysis paralysis with the options out there. One of things I don't like about the FWC Hawk is how high it sticks up and the not forward enough thing, like it bothers me a lot (doesn't look as bad on a super duty). You mentioned lowering 2". Assuming this is something you did when ordering it.....like the pop top section is the lower model like used on the Fleet units? Or you did some modifying yourself? Would love to know more. And moving forward....wish we could get it even further forward by modifying the bed, maybe use the camper as the strength, cut out "square tube" section of the bed up front. Again, really nice looking truck.....and I like the way you think :).
Check out enduro really happy with mine.

4x4ready

Check out enduro really happy with mine.

Most of the camper builds I work on however need the bed and the truck serves many purposes so the slide in camper was ideal. Very nice campers, I was talking to them to and considering putting down a deposit. The fit looks good and you deduct the weight from removing your stock bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3