25 Military Humvees to be auctioned tomorrow (DEC 17th)

IthrowWrenches

Adventurer
I read about this today as well. I wonder how hard of a life they have had.... $10k isn't a bad starting point for one though! :ylsmoke:

CaptainStokes

Has anybody purchased one of these GovPlanet auctioned Humvees? Just wondering what the experience was like and if the vehicle lived up to it's condition report on the website.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
How so?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The seats, even the improved retrofits, suck. The driver's area is cramped. The driver's seat travel/adjustment sucks. The outward visibility sucks. The passenger and rear seating areas suck too. Live out of a turtleback with two other guys for a couple of months and you'll find them to be more claustrophobic than the back end of a LAV-25. There are much better options out there. If I had to choose I'd get a G-wagon radio truck over a surplus HMMWV anyday.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
The seats, even the improved retrofits, suck. The driver's area is cramped. The driver's seat travel/adjustment sucks. The outward visibility sucks. The passenger and rear seating areas suck too. Live out of a turtleback with two other guys for a couple of months and you'll find them to be more claustrophobic than the back end of a LAV-25. There are much better options out there. If I had to choose I'd get a G-wagon radio truck over a surplus HMMWV anyday.

or one of the old power wagons

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Has anybody purchased one of these GovPlanet auctioned Humvees? Just wondering what the experience was like and if the vehicle lived up to it's condition report on the website.

I've purchased a few things from these surplus auctions, but they've all been trailers. Plus side is they all were as good as or better than described. The biggest pain in the ******** is some of the paperwork you have to go through, and the lack of REALLY clear directions on some of it.

I'm curious how the buyers of the above HMMVs managed to get them registered in their various states since none of them were sold with titles.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I've purchased a few things from these surplus auctions, but they've all been trailers. Plus side is they all were as good as or better than described. The biggest pain in the ******** is some of the paperwork you have to go through, and the lack of REALLY clear directions on some of it.

I'm curious how the buyers of the above HMMVs managed to get them registered in their various states since none of them were sold with titles.

They are sold "off road use only".

tgreening

Expedition Leader
They are sold "off road use only".

Yes I know. I would imagine that is because they were being sold without title, and without title you can't get a vehicle registered, and if you can't get it registered you can't drive it on the street. Almost 30K is an awful lot of money to spend on something you can only drive off road, especially when it's off road prowess isn't really all that. So, my question remains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad