43rd Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 Report

blt4bja

43rd Tecate Baja 1000 report

Hi kurt, Dan Elkins here. we meet in the shop at Horse power ranch, you guy's showed me video of James doing donuts in a BC car up at your place. You should post that by the way. Very cool to see your report, I was wandering what happened to you guy's. At some point in the future I should report on what my adventure vacation is all about as a volunteer crew chief/chase truck for Wide Open. What better way to take a week in Baja than to have it all mapped out for you and all of your expenses paid for, of coarse you will have to prep your 4x4 with GPS, VHF radio, Locker you know all the good stuff. Of coarse you will have to become part of the race and actually do some work. The only problem seems to be not having time to stop and look around a bit. hope you guy's make it back next year.:smiley_drive:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Hi kurt, Dan Elkins here. we meet in the shop at Horse power ranch, you guy's showed me video of James doing donuts in a BC car up at your place. You should post that by the way. Very cool to see your report, I was wandering what happened to you guy's. At some point in the future I should report on what my adventure vacation is all about as a volunteer crew chief/chase truck for Wide Open. What better way to take a week in Baja than to have it all mapped out for you and all of your expenses paid for, of coarse you will have to prep your 4x4 with GPS, VHF radio, Locker you know all the good stuff. Of coarse you will have to become part of the race and actually do some work. The only problem seems to be not having time to stop and look around a bit. hope you guy's make it back next year.:smiley_drive:

Right on Dan, great bumping into you. :cool: You were there with your two boys right? You guys run the VW specialty shop in Indio right? Can't tell you how cool it was to get your perspective on the racing. We are hooked and I can promise you you'll be seeing more of us in the years to come possibly behind the wheel of a 5 car at next years 1000 ;)

I would love to hear more about your race experience crewing for Wide Open, bet you guys had some long days and longer nights. Did you guys end up all the way south at Cabo? Any major repairs on the Baja Challenge rigs?

PS I did upload one of the videos of James doing the high speed donuts here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6USKDhozio4"]YouTube - Wide Open at Bonneville Salt Flats[/ame]

Stay in touch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal