4Door Bronco build

brushogger

Explorer
Not in love with the modern graphics on the classic body lines.

I like it. You have to keep in mind this is a promotional vehicle. If I was in the market for something like this, I'd definitely be checking them out. I greatly prefer graphics like this to a full wrap on a classic.

patl

Adventurer
Thomas made me such a sweet deal on this build to help get it to market I agreed to 2 years of free advertising as part of the package. I'm still getting used to it, but the overall response has been very positive at the show.

2015 Super Celebration 039.JPG

Once he gets the recognition he deserves there will be at least a couple more running around, so mine will no longer be needed for promotions. Still, I enjoy working with him, and can't wait to see what he comes up with next to top this. Of course Rick's will be a much higher build than mine since it is going to SEMA.

He also has his new bolt on 4 link for the rear on display here this weekend, which is very nice. Will have pictures tomorrow that will maybe be a little better if the sun comes out.

patl

Adventurer
Have a highly modified M100 based trailer I built 2 winters ago for serious off road trips, and an almost new Adrenalin trailer bought from a member of this site. Both are set up at the show and are getting plenty of attention. Will have some picts this evening.

Trailer Test Run 012.JPG

Last edited:

patl

Adventurer
Well, it's finally over. Super celebration 2015 had 240 registered Friday evening. They didn't have the total yet for the event when we left, but it should easily be over 300 Broncos in attendance. In spite of the rain, Tom and Donna pulled off a great event as usual. Is currently the largest Bronco only show in the US- even larger than the shows out West which have been going on for years.

Supercelebration 2015 006.JPG

Supercelebration 2015 001.JPG

Supercelebration 2015 012.JPG

Now begins the final stages of tuning with local runs to debug any problems that might show up. Two or three thousand miles should take care of that. Soon, you should start seeing some posts in the Adventure section of the forum. Thanks to all who have followed this build and given feedback and comments. It was neat to share the experience with so many people from so many different parts of the planet.

And Spot, it was so good to talk with you at the event. I was serious about the trailer if you want to start doing the Trans america trail.

Last edited:

big a

Adventurer
Thx for sharing Patl!!!!! I look forward to reading about ur adventures. I'm very serious in saying one day I'll b finished with mine and expeditioning!!! Maybe we'll cross paths one day and blaze a trail!!!! The first thing I'll b doin once my Bronco is complete is to build my own expo trailer with a rtt!
-Andy

spot

Pat,
The truck looks better in person for sure. Thanks for taking the time to show me around the truck and trailer. I look forward to seeing you and it at future events and continued updates. I'll keep you posted on my plans to hit the trail as thing move along here.
Can't wait to see pics with red Moab dirt on it!!!!
I just noticed in the pic how matted down the grass is around the truck. I bet by Saturday afternoon it was pretty mucky over there. I saw y'all leave. How'd you manage to keep it clean and load it on the trailer with all that mud.
I'm still finding muddy stuff in my truck and duffle bag and I didn't even park in the field!
Later
Brett

patl

Adventurer
Just a little update before this post passes into oblivion in the back pages of this forum. Have been driving it locally to set the speedometer, check out the 4wd, and any other issues that are sure to come up in this phase of the build. The tuning issues we were having turned out to be a bad diode in the alternator. It gave a symptom just like a bad O2 sensor. Go figure!

Drive is unbelievable. Far surpasses anything Thomas and I expected. The Duff long arm system works great and shows Jim really new what he was doing with the 70/30 shock set up. Smooth- even at 80 there is no vibration. The Cooper ST MAXX tires are soft and quiet. I am well pleased with this aggressive a tire and the way it performs on the road. Rick's should ride even better.

Just got back from a cruise to Gatlinburg, and had a guy try to buy it out from under me on the street. Said it was the nicest Bronco he had ever seen. Guess I'll have to get used to it. Anyway, if you see us on the road, wave and come check it out.

big a

Adventurer
Thx for continuing to update the thread till the end! Great build!!! I look forward to reading about ur adventures in it!
Have a good one sir!
-Andy

J.R.

Observer
If He gets a "boo boo" on that thing I think I'll cry!

Congrats patl on the completion of the rig!

patl

Adventurer
Thanks guys,
Here is a picture of our weekend trip up to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

Pigeon Forge Cruise 004.JPG

Pigeon Forge Cruise 002.JPG

Had a local guy come out and do the window tint. Turned out nice. Still a little issue with power steering. Not sure yet if it is routing or steering box. Everything is either new or fresh rebuild, so it will take some time to sort it out. Hydroboost overwhelms steering when both are used. Pump pressure is good.

Trying to get a tonneau cover made to fit the back bed so everything can be secured. Will know in a couple of days.

patl

Adventurer
Been working on the next phase of the build- driving under varying conditions to see what issues show up. It's been tough, but I'm trying to hang in there. Turns out the steering was more a matter of volume than pressure. Tried a couple of rebuilt stock pumps, but still not right. Had to go to a modern Delphi pump to get everything working properly.

Went out by the lake today to take some pictures with the camping trailer.

006.JPG

016.JPG

Pulls well. Can't wait until later this year and we are headed out West. Thomas says it has to go at least 1000 miles with zero issues before it can be considered ready for the open road. Guess I'll just have to keep driving around until it gets there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism