65 Rover IIA 88" For Sale

MVRover

Hey there, I am deciding to sell my IIA. Its a 65 with the fairey overdrive, parabolic springs, left hand drive, and about all stock. Warn hubs, no rear seats, and I'll post some pics later. Anyone intersted give a ring. Thanks-Brian $6500 775 722-7918 Quincy CA

--I would also be interested in a trade for a pop-up camper, would like four-wheel granby model for our 96 Dodge LB -Thanks, Brian

Last edited:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
great pics. nice looking, original rover.

Honestly my XJ does what I need it to, and I certainly don't need a smaller rig, but that truck just oozes with personality.

bump for a great price. I might bring this up
to the boss tonight, so I'll get back to you.

Wander

Expedition Leader
Nice pictures Brian,

I have to ask about the rear panels-was that a styling exercise?

Could you take some pictures of the frame and bulkhead please?

evilfij

Explorer
Assuming it is not rusted out in the bulkhead or frame, that is a very nice and original rover. Much better IMHO that the "restored" ones that have so much unoriginal and improvised work done to them.

MVRover

65 Rover for sale

So the story goes, the guy I bought the rover from had cut the rear fenders and had some big ugly ******** cepek mudders on it. The cut pieces where in the back of the rover, so I had them professionally welded back on. With some fresh paint you wouldn't be able to tell. I have waited on the paint, because my goal for the rig has always been to make it trail worthy first, and look good second. Just about there on trail worthy, I think once the carb issue is ironed out, it'll be good to go. I have taken it on some outings, and it does great, with the fairey overdrive you can shift down to first low, in 4wd low, no gas, and it crawls right up. The fenders and the seats keep it from looking complete, but that has always been fine for me, but to each there own.
The bulkhead, and frame, I'll post more pictures on the web, check back in a couple minutes, but there is no rust to speak of, other than some on the surface of the frame, that you could take off with a wire brush, but the frame is solid. -Thanks-Brian

Wander

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the additional pics Brian, that does look clean.

Could you also take a pic of the foot well/floor under the mats? I noticed a lighter color of paint down around the mats, was there some work on this area (it's a common area of rust)?

Also could just take one or two pics of the rear area? I know it doesn't have any seats in place but I was just wondering what the area looks like.

So the prior owner cut the fender for swampers with a 2.25L engine putting out 80hp on it's best day? That would take slow to a whole other level!

MVRover

65 Rover for sale

The floorboards do have some different paint. When I pulled out the floors to service the overdrive, I noticed some rust starting on the floor. I removed the rust(light surface) and shoot it with some zero rust, the lid matched perfectly, then I shoot the floor, and out came a robins egg blue. So that's the reason for the bright blue. I will post some more pics on the web here in a few minutes. -Thanks, Brian

Wander

Expedition Leader
Thanks Brian, I'll check them out.

Do you happen to know of a shipper you could recomend and what is the zip code over there?

MVRover

1965 Land Rover IIA 88" For Sale

Not sure of a shipper, might need to meet one in reno, but no problem there, I could drive it over, it's only about 2 hours. Quincy is a smaller town, 5000 folks, so I doubt anyone locally. Quincy -95971 Reno-89511 -Thanks, Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicotoup