77 Chevy K10 Silverado

Murfman

Observer
It is a 203. there should be a round aluminum plate on the back between the output and the round cover staing so.

Murfman

Observer
If you have the case out check the chain for strech. Pretty straightforward replacement once it is out. You will NOT want to take it back out once you have pulled it and installed it once. It is a heavy ******** with no good jacking points.

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Thanks for the info, Ill look around at it next time Im at the shop. Thanks.
I havent yet removed it. I definitely have read much about how much these thins weigh, so when I do pull it, I want to make sure everything is golden before it goes back. I dont want to have to do that more than once.. hah. Thanks for the tip. :D

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Well.. Its running now! :D So that's progressive.

And I rinsed it all down with a hose to get all the dirt off of it. But alas.. It's still just parked for right now:

8602017694_92258c04a6_z.jpg

Attachments

• 8602017694_92258c04a6_z.jpg
    8602017694_92258c04a6_z.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 20

ober27

Adventurer
Anything new to share? I've owned several 1973 - 1980 Chevrolet/GMC trucks over the years, your's brings back good memories of these great trucks.

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Unfortunately, no news here. I have been spending all of my money and time on my Tahoe all year long. Put a fresh new motor and everything into it. Haven't had the time to turn back towards the 77 yet.
Its still just sitting and waiting. :(

Oh, I did notice I never posted this video of it starting up.. It sounds so good when you first kick it down from the high idle. hah. Had to capture it.

Last edited:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Thread revival.. hah. Thanks for posting up the kind words guys. :)
The truck has basically been sitting for the last year.. It moved once when my father in law filled up the bed with tree branches from pruning.. then he drove it across the parking lot to the dumpster. hah.
Aside from that though.. she's just sitting and waiting for someone to do something with it.

I've had no time and no money.. I need to purge a few extra vehicles right now. Then hopefully when things settle down, I can throw some money at it and get it rolling around again. :)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well I am sure the time will come when you get that fine rig back on the road again. Cheers, Chilli...:wings:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Well I am sure the time will come when you get that fine rig back on the road again. Cheers, Chilli...:wings:

Thanks Chilli. :) The time has come now that I want to start getting attention back on it.
One of the cool things about this whole thing is that when I was a kiddo, my dad used to have an old classic truck. He no longer has it these days, but he managed to find me his original Chiltons repair manual in the back of his garage and wouldn't you know it..... it's the exact book I need for this rig. ;) Copyright 1978. He even still had his receipt for the book in it too.. hah. Purchased it in March of 1980 (I was born 5 years later in March of 85 - haha).

20026688695_1f1cba1f18_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad