7K of USA

Seabass

Idiot
That is some nice fabrication you got going there. I always thought a truck needed a topper, or a headache rack. So, I'm kinda fond of nice racks.... You did a great job making it fit your cab lines too. I'd use it, but around here people would think that big pretty "C" meant I'd put a cummins in my truck!

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
Haha thanks Seabass.

Decided that my tan tailgate was looking a little out of place with my freshly painted rack on there so I decided to color match it with duplicolor rattle cans that you can get at the auto parts store.

2015-11-25_08-34-06 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

Going to do the cap and inside of the gate in Herculiner to match the rest of my bed.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Come on back, ill show you and Chilli where the fish hide :)

I might just take you up and that offer next summer Mr Colorado. I would love to see if a lazy Canadian can catch some fish in your home area. I will have to cruise by in a rental car and say hello... Cheers, Chilli...:wings:

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Thats what I did, Took a rental on tour to Colorado :p

It was actually more like a really long test drive, couldn't decide if I wanted another 2500 or just a 1500 before I bought my '15. After this test drive, I had it figured out.

DSC_0435_zps4tutgw4d.jpg

image_zpsrx7jmgv0.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well I am hoping I can show up in a little rental import and park it. Then maybe have a ride along in some of the many cool member rigs in Colorado state...:ylsmoke:

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
Well I am hoping I can show up in a little rental import and park it. Then maybe have a ride along in some of the many cool member rigs in Colorado state...:ylsmoke:

Ill be around :sombrero:

What are the specs on your inteli power converter, is it 30 amp?

Output on it is 13.6VDC, 45 Amps.

I normally don't leave it plugged in, the deep cycle battery I got with the camper is going strong. When I get ready for a trip I usually hook up the battery to the controller and charge it over night. Ive never had it under 12v on the gauge when I plug it in so ive just been rocking the deep cycle lead acid.

I have the charge controller wired into the fuse box so its easy to cut the battery out of the circuit if im going to boon dock someones driveway with 120v power still have all 12v stuff working.

Pic of the charge controller, battery and fuse box. This pic reminds me I still need to build a battery tray of some kind.

10420016_1508937566004753_4395689516152964262_n by colorado_baja, on Flickr

10341944_1494756850756158_9134681543805271675_n by colorado_baja, on Flickr

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
Haha, thanks Chilli!

Ive been daily driving this truck for the most part since selling my Jeep earlier in the fall. Its been one of the major obstacles in getting it swapped.

Managed to pick this little gem up for a song this week. It needs some things but only 10K on the motor (with receipts) and 120K on the dash. Ive all ready been to the junk yard once for side mirrors and a couple other odds and ends.
20151203_171719 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

Heated leather interior is ridiculously nice for the age. Needs a wipe down and a carpet shampoo.
20151203_171743 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

Hopefully this thing will get me down the road and give me some time to get my swap on.

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
Well it looked nice but after driving it around for a week it had some serious electrical problems, mostly in the 4wd harness. Backup lights had weird problems and the the auto 4 button 4wd on these blazers is crazy complicated, electronically shifted, clutches in the t case etc.. Expensive to fix.. So I decided to pull the drivetrain.
20151214_161447 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

And stick it in this 2000 4x4 single cab that has the same 4.3 Vortec and 4l60e combo. It has 200K on the dash but only 50psi on #4 so the 10K mi rebuilt motor will fix it up nicely.
20151218_132021 by colorado_baja, on Flickr

I was hoping that the blazer would be nice enough to fix up and save me all the drive train work but oh well. The trucks biggest plus in my book is it has a manually shifted t case :)

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Oh I like the single cab! My dad's got the same basic truck but long box, I can't believe the fuel mileage it gets. Almost made me get my new '15 with a 4.3L. Hopefully you can part out the blazer or sell it as a roller and make some bucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues