8' Alaskan Cabover

Avy_Slayer

Hi guys,

Circumstances have changed and unfortunately we've got to sell our '76 Alaskan 8' Cabover. Putting it out here to see if anyone's in the market for a camper or a project before we've got to put it in storage for the foreseeable.

As far as I know we're the 3rd owners. Came from Alaska, previous owner had it outfitted for cold winter camping up there and we primarily used it for ski trips so it suited us well. Fridge and heater were removed and replaced with storage space and a diesel heater. Storage (toilet?) area was refurbished with fireboard and is now home to an Alaskan Airframe sheet metal stove and storage underneath. 3 burner works, added propane storage on the back end, water runs off shore or manual pump. Replaced the shore power plug and generally run power from a generator, have a charger and 12v battery for lights and powering the diesel heater startup. Lift runs smooth and even under electric without issue. No leaks that I've encountered, the outside shows its age a bit more than the interior but the previous owners and myself have kept up with sealing seams and keeping it roadworthy. Replaced the rubber around the top and bottom sections, added some foam to help seal the overcab sections, bottom of the camper looks to have been replaced at some point and is still in good shape. Camper is warm and dry. Our model came with the canoe rack which comes in handy, original owner added some supports for the cabover to help with alcan frostheaves. Have some ratchet jacks and a dolly to move it around. Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting so feel free to reach out if you've got any questions.

Stock weight was around 1400 lbs, probably a bit lighter than that but I've never taken it to the scales. 48'' between the wheel wells, bottom section is just under 8', fits fine in our short bed with the tailgate down. Asking $8,000 obo.

We're in SLC and willing to travel some hours to meet if it suits. Looking like it'll be headed for storage come June so get it while you can!

Attachments

• IMG_9638.jpeg
    IMG_9638.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG_9639.jpeg
    IMG_9639.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG_9641.jpeg
    IMG_9641.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG_9643.jpeg
    IMG_9643.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 352
  • IMG_9647.jpeg
    IMG_9647.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1554.jpeg
    IMG_1554.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1553.jpeg
    IMG_1553.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_9636.jpeg
    IMG_9636.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 312
Last edited:

IceBiker

Hi Avy Slayer,

Do you still have this? If so, very keen. Have an F250 w/ 8' bed. Comments on fit? Did you have to do any suspension upgrades to accommodate the weight? Water damage? Glass single or double pane?

Tu amigo en nieve y esquí, Powder Slayer

Hi guys,

Circumstances have changed and unfortunately we've got to sell our '76 Alaskan 8' Cabover. Putting it out here to see if anyone's in the market for a camper or a project before we've got to put it in storage for the foreseeable.

As far as I know we're the 3rd owners. Came from Alaska, previous owner had it outfitted for cold winter camping up there and we primarily used it for ski trips so it suited us well. Fridge and heater were removed and replaced with storage space and a diesel heater. Storage (toilet?) area was refurbished with fireboard and is now home to an Alaskan Airframe sheet metal stove and storage underneath. 3 burner works, added propane storage on the back end, water runs off shore or manual pump. Replaced the shore power plug and generally run power from a generator, have a charger and 12v battery for lights and powering the diesel heater startup. Lift runs smooth and even under electric without issue. No leaks that I've encountered, the outside shows its age a bit more than the interior but the previous owners and myself have kept up with sealing seams and keeping it roadworthy. Replaced the rubber around the top and bottom sections, added some foam to help seal the overcab sections, bottom of the camper looks to have been replaced at some point and is still in good shape. Camper is warm and dry. Our model came with the canoe rack which comes in handy, original owner added some supports for the cabover to help with alcan frostheaves. Have some ratchet jacks and a dolly to move it around. Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting so feel free to reach out if you've got any questions.

Stock weight was around 1400 lbs, probably a bit lighter than that but I've never taken it to the scales. 48'' between the wheel wells, bottom section is just under 8', fits fine in our short bed with the tailgate down. Asking $8,000 obo.

We're in SLC and willing to travel some hours to meet if it suits. Looking like it'll be headed for storage come June so get it while you can!
[/QUOTE]
Hi guys,

Hi Avy Slayer,

Do you still have this? If so, very keen. Have an F250 w/ 8' bed. Comments on fit? Did you have to do any suspension upgrades to accommodate the weight? Water damage?

Avy_Slayer

Still available. Dropping the price to $7500 obo. Took a walk around video if anyone else would like to see, message me and I’ll send it out!

epinfRN

Still available. Dropping the price to $7500 obo. Took a walk around video if anyone else would like to see, message me and I’ll send it out!

Yo! Still available? I’m in the market and about 4 hours away on the Western Slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp