83 Toyota Hilux For Sale...a real looker

pilotmike

I have bought 3 Toyota Pickups in the last 5 years from this seller.
Everrything he says is accurate, no games.
I sold him the ARB bumper that is on this truck!

He did list this:
I’ve made several modifications during my ownership:

ARB front bumper (one of the few known to exist for a 1979-1983 Toyota Hilux) – traveled to CA to get the bumper!!!
Custom fabricated rear bumper
Old Man Emu front springs and shocks
OME rear shocks
OME steering stabilizer
33X10.50X15 BF Goodrich KM2 tires (5)
American Racing ATX Mojave (Teflon coated) wheels - 15x8
Black powder coated tool box
Stainless bed rail caps (custom fabricated) by local machinist/fabricator with amazing attention to detail (not your run of the mill caps). They actually wrap the back corners of the bed.
Custom aluminum shift knob with rubber coated transfer case knob.
Battery box also fabricated in stainless and mounted to a stainless section of inner fender (also completed by same fabricator)
The carpet was done by a local upholster that performs upholstery/carpet work on high end vehicles.
Optima deep cycle battery
Hella H4 headlamps with upgraded wiring harness
LED turn indicators in the front bumper
PIAA 520 driving lamps

I rebuilt the entire front end over the course of a month with great attention to detail. Everything is new with the exception of the axle housing and inner axle shafts.
All rear brake components are new.
I kept the exhaust all stock with exception of the muffler/tail pipe (slightly larger over stock w/Magnaflow muffler offering slightly different sound).
I used OEM Toyota parts where possible.
Water pump, spark plugs, and misc. other parts are Toyota.
I replaced the filters, belts, etc.
The interior hasn’t been altered with exception of the carpet being replaced since the original carpet was showing its age in terms of discoloration. I included a picture after the original carpet had been removed.
There's probably a 5/8" tear in the headliner just above the sliding rear window. This occurred as the sliding rear window was being installed.

The truck was repainted in 2011 with all glass removed. All of the door seals were replaced with OEM rubber along with the windshield seal (OEM).
I had all of the skid plates professionally powder coated.
The gas cap is NOS along with all of the moldings previously mentioned.
The mirrors/door handles were powder coated along with the tailgate chains.
Stainless fasteners were used on the door sills, tailgate latches, tail gate mounting, plastic vents, and mirrors.
The engine/transmission/clutch are in excellent order and consistent with the condition of the pickup.
The truck leaks no fluids.
I'm sure I am forgetting some details/upgrades.

BONUS: It comes with several extra parts from the original wheels with rear center caps to both front/rear bumpers to extra lenses for the tail lamps. All of the parts seen in the pictures are included.
Stock front springs, original unused spare tire/wheel are just a few other items included in the sale.

You are welcome to have the local Toyota dealer inspect the pickup if you wish (your expense). I encourage questions.
I’m very confident this truck would perform well if inspected top to bottom.
Note: I included some pictures of the truck when I had stock rims on it.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I sent the guy a message last week on Ebay telling him what a nice truck it was. Nice! I dream to own that clean of a first gen. pickup some day. I just love that bodystyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy