'93 Suburban - Chillin' Out!

arktrekker

Adventurer
Wish my '93 didn't have the barn doors...

Who did you buy that lift through? Been contemplating going to a solid axle due to the price of the ifs lift kits, but 1k puts it back into a reasonable range.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Too bad you didn't get a burb.

It all came down to the fact that I tend to carry alot of stuff around that I wouldn't want inside with me. I am a builder, so the thought of driving around with stuff hanging out the back doors is not appealing. I did that with my 89 sub. I had 2500 pounds of shingles in the back of my truck yesterday! I could get another trailer, but two is enough for now!

TheOtherSide

Observer
What kinda fuel mileage you getting with the 35's? Looks really rugged!

I have no idea actually... sorry. I've never been a fuel mileage checker... I just pull in and jam the fuel in and go. Sometimes I'll give the gas pump the evil eye when it's getting $$ though.

TheOtherSide

Observer
Wish my '93 didn't have the barn doors...

Who did you buy that lift through? Been contemplating going to a solid axle due to the price of the ifs lift kits, but 1k puts it back into a reasonable range.

I bought it directly from Rough Country Suspensions. I like to buy from the manufacturer if they sell... this way there is no question about who/when you bought it from if there is a warranty concern. You can't beat the price for the lift, and it's very nice quality. Didn't have to make any adjustments or add shims etc for anything to fit... and it's all thick beefy steel.
http://www.roughcountry.com/

Hey, love the truck. Post up some pics with the trailer in tow!!!

Will do...

Judoka

Learning To Live
Subscribed!

I have a 97 that I had lifted up 5 inches, but the guy charged me $2500 and now thi is falling apart! Of course, he is out of business. I never new that you could have a 6 lug shaft in a 14bolt! Sure would be nice to save my wheels!

Side note.. I am thinking about going solid axle and springs, but just because I want strength and dependability. Does anyone have any idea how this IFS holds up offroad? I came from rock crawling a Jeep, but I only want to set up my burb for overland, and I dont need to take the toughest lines over obstacles anymore! Any insight would be nice. I want strength, and dependability, but not sure I want to spend another 4k on suspension! I changed my Jeep lift 3 times! By the third time I knew how to build it right.

Cody1771

Explorer
yeah, the Semi Floating 14b comes with a 6 lug drum, not as strong as a full float but plenty strong enough for what most of us do

Judoka

Learning To Live
Thank you Cody! I guess that is where I will start looking maybe. I have a line on axles from a F250 right now that I can pick up for a Grand, both front and back. I sm seriously considering that and puting a conversion up front. Gona start a thread on it in this section right now actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach