97 FZJ 80

timbercruiser

Adventurer
*SOLD*

It's time to sell the 80. It's been a great truck, but it is nickel and diming us to death. This is a great truck for someone who can do their own work (aka handyman's delight).

It needs:
Front axle service including a new passenger side bearing and pinion seal.
The engine has several oil leaks-rear main, valve cover mainly.
no a/c-condenser leaks
exhaust manifold is noisy
no rear seat heat-one of the pipes rusted through.
Several dash lights are out.

However, there are some good things about the truck
Engine and tranny run well.
several new exhaust parts including front cat and the big muffler.

Bonus features:Collecter's Edition, power leather seating (driver's has a split in the stitching), trailer brake controller and rear spring air bags. Sorry, no lockers.

Yes, it is a Michigan truck but is pretty rust free. The notable exception is a few spots on the lift gate and, of course, the hitch frame.

If this truck didn't have the above mentioned issues, I would list it for $7000ish, but as is I would like $3500 OBO.

It is located in Northern Michigan and has 194K miles

PM me with your e-mail if you want pics.

Last edited:

peterb

Adventurer
Dave
Check the nuts on the studs that hold the exhaust to the manifold. Those work loose and then the truck gets noisy. Easy to tighten, I think the nuts are 14mm. Maybe your wife or sons could do it for you? Good luck with the sale.
Your buddy in Kentucky.
Peter

timbercruiser

Adventurer
Dave
Check the nuts on the studs that hold the exhaust to the manifold. Those work loose and then the truck gets noisy. Easy to tighten, I think the nuts are 14mm. Maybe your wife or sons could do it for you? Good luck with the sale.
Your buddy in Kentucky.
Peter

Thanks for the tip!

timbercruiser

Adventurer
Offers?

Attachments

• DSCF0655.JPG
    DSCF0655.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 109

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Dang Dave. I wish I could swing another vehicle. It seems like it would be a good builder. I don't even have my damn garage built yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy