97 R50 Pathfinder- Building the dream

mortonm

Expedition Leader
How did the wiring to the stock fogs go? Was it just simple wire to wire connection or anything more?

Hoping to do the same on my Xterra

Lecoq

Explorer
Yeah, it's really easy. Black to black and orange to red. You should put 2 in place of each fog light. :)

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Yeah, it's really easy. Black to black and orange to red. You should put 2 in place of each fog light. :)

Perfect! Thanks. Why go to all the trouble to wire in power and a switch when Nissan already did the work for me!

Lecoq

Explorer
Thanks for the link.

Got the OK from the wife on a RTT. So I'm hoping to get it before summer. :wings:

Lecoq

Explorer
Went on a nice winter run yesterday. It's unbelievable how capable the R50 is with suspension and tires.

XPLOR, Where did you get your gears from? I'm thinking of re-gearing when I do the lockers. What is your MPG like with the 4.56 gears?

XPLORx4

Adventurer
XPLOR, Where did you get your gears from? I'm thinking of re-gearing when I do the lockers. What is your MPG like with the 4.56 gears?

I have 4.636:1 R/P gears from a wrecked '98 SE. There aren't bigger gears available for the R50. My MPG is a pathetically low 15-16mpg, but then again, my rig is heavily weighted, has a virtual parachute on the roof, and wears some heavy shoes, so don't use my MPG as a benchmark!

Lecoq

Explorer
Is there any markings on the truck that could identify gearing? I can't seem to find anything on mine. It's a 97 SE. Thank you

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Is there any markings on the truck that could identify gearing? I can't seem to find anything on mine. It's a 97 SE. Thank you

Often there are marking codes on the door jam sticker with paint codes etc for options like that. I don't have any particular experience though for the R50s

XPLORx4

Adventurer
Look on the VIN sticker on your doorjamb, or on the plate on the firewall. Locate the "Axle" code. If it's HG46, you have the 4.636:1 ratio. If it's "HG43" you have the 4.363:1 ratio. It is better to run 4.636:1 gearing with larger tires.

There are no lower gears (higher ratio) than the 4.636:1 available for the R50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy