97 R50 Pathfinder- Building the dream

If you have a 4WD, there aren't any 4.9's that will fit the front R200A diff in the R50.

Yup, R50 has a high pinion reverse cut front gears. Xterras WD22 and frontiers D22 have regular cut front gears, but the carriers are the same. I have two R50s one with 4.6s and one that had 4.3s and went to 4.6s. There is quite a difference going to the 4.6s especially with an auto.

Last edited:

Slicky72

Adventurer
So what is different between the r200a in the r50 and wd22 Xterra ? Never mind you answered my question haha

quaintbucket

Observer
Vancouver Island? I'm from the mainland myself and just picked up a 97 pathfinder 3 weeks ago.

I'm really excited about this thread because it pretty much relates to my year and make but also let me know what suppliers to look at for the parts.

I haven't done any work to mine yet due to saving money and lack of garage so no thread from me yet...

Last edited:

Lecoq

Explorer
Keep tuned for more updates soon. Still have parts sitting at home I need to install. I was interested in buying the Equipt Land Cruiser but it got turned down by the wife... :(

kingg5

Adventurer
Thank you. I emailed him just now. Might work out good if he has a comparable product.

Ive gone to his place in langley to view them...on par with tepui, and from what i can tell...is the exact same product as tepui lol. 1495 includes rtt annex and the awning and awning room. all very high in quality, from what ive heard about the arb tents...they have the tape over all the seams which i didnt notice on the offshore brands such as tepui and the guy in langley.

Lecoq

Explorer
I think the ARB tent is probably a safer purchase for the long run. At least you know a solid company is backing the product for a long time.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Wheels are definitely better than spacers, can't wait to see the pics!

And what's this rumor about you looking at LRs ;)

Lecoq

Explorer
Still looking for a Disco or a Land Cruiser/LX470. The wife's Odyssey is having transmission issues and I'm trying to steer her away from the minivans. Not in a hurry but we would like to get something this year. She insists on the 7 passenger part of it. Not many other options in good looking, capable and reliable 7 seat SUV.

stioc

Expedition Leader
If it has to be a "capable" SUV then the herd is thin and if it's 7 passengers it's even thinner. The LCs of course but even the Sequoias are fairly decent trucks in the 7 seater category. The 4Runners are bigger and still very capable but probably doesn't have the 3rd row. The Hond Pilot and GMC Acadia (I know I know but...) are actually worth looking at if you don't want a minivan, need 7 seats...but you give up the 'capability' part- even with the AWD option they'll never be a rock crawler.

Lecoq

Explorer
The Sequoia is not a bad idea. We are definitely looking for something capable. We are also trying to stay around the $10k mark so we can pay it cash and be done with it. Would be nice to have some sort of aftermarket support.

I guess the 05-06 Pathfinder has the 7 seater option as well.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
The Sequoia is not a bad idea. We are definitely looking for something capable. We are also trying to stay around the $10k mark so we can pay it cash and be done with it. Would be nice to have some sort of aftermarket support.

I guess the 05-06 Pathfinder has the 7 seater option as well.

True. They are pretty nice. Can get the 5.6 V8 as well and shares the same frame as the frontier/titan/Xterra. It has fully independent suspension but has a low range trfer case I believe.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
True. They are pretty nice. Can get the 5.6 V8 as well and shares the same frame as the frontier/titan/Xterra. It has fully independent suspension but has a low range trfer case I believe.

Just think the first R51 build on Expo. It took some time for all you R50s to push the xterras off the front page. :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy