99' XJ: Slowly Going Down Under.

IrishXJ

Observer
You know, when I first saw that you had bought those wheels, I didn't think I'd like them.

I'm pleasantly surprised. Nice look!

MCObray

Explorer
It looks super sexy man! Time to go someplace in it now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks man!

wow, those rims give it a great classic look.

Very nice!

That's what I was going for... as well a little more rugged. Thanks for the compliment.

You know, when I first saw that you had bought those wheels, I didn't think I'd like them.

I'm pleasantly surprised. Nice look!

You know I had second thoughts as I was headed to the tire center, but after seeing the results, I am very pleased and the wheels totally exceed the look I was going for.

MCObray

Explorer
I do like the saw blades, they keep things nice and tight instead of sticking out wide.

They sure do. I noticed at full lock, I would rub with LCA and it'd make an awful sound. Now at full lock, no sounds occurs with no rubbing. Also I don't know if it is just me, but the ride is a lot better than it was with aluminum wheels. I don't know if it's just the PSI in the tire or if the added weight of steel made a difference? Either way, i'm way pumped and happy.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Great build and thread. Well updated. Jeep looks good.

I would like to see those steel wheels in white. Since you got some extras, you could paint one or two up and see if you did like it for your next set of tires.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Also I don't know if it is just me, but the ride is a lot better than it was with aluminum wheels. I don't know if it's just the PSI in the tire or if the added weight of steel made a difference?

I wonder if the old wheels needed balanced better or something.

MCObray

Explorer
Great build and thread. Well updated. Jeep looks good.

I would like to see those steel wheels in white. Since you got some extras, you could paint one or two up and see if you did like it for your next set of tires.

Thanks buddy.

That's actually not a bad idea, now that I think of it. Who's going to buy just three steel wheels anyways? Painting the extra set of three just might be my spring project. Thanks for the idea.

I wonder if the old wheels needed balanced better or something.

I got them balanced twice in a span of the last two months they were on there because I was experience a little wobbling at 55-60MPH. I didn't think the ride could get better, but it just did. It is A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

MCObray

Explorer
We got a light dusting of snow this morning here in the Valley. Good to way to start of Spring, eh?
securedownload-23.jpg

MCObray

Explorer
Salem/Keizer residents got our first legitimate snowfall of the year... and it comes on the second day of Spring!
securedownload-24.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater