A 109 for sale

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I don't know anything about this company or the price of the vehicle, but it was actually shown in the clothing catalog J.L. Powell which caught my attention.

http://www.coopertechnica.com/1961-Land-Rover-109-Series-IIa-Station-Wagon.php

1961-Land-Rover-109-Series-IIa-Station-Wagon-1.jpg

Viggen

Just here...
Holy crap thats nice. I like the fuse box and the overall thoughtfulness of the build. No price probably = :Wow1:

Wander

Expedition Leader
Nice build list-I wonder why they didn't add rocker sliders where the old panels where. I see they list stone guards underneeth but it seems that without sliders there is not enough protection.

That can't be cheap for sure!

Interesting site-I don't know who had the bikes restored but he must be very tall-those frames are huge! That place does some very nice work.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
They don't really mention what axles are in it, other than "new". If they are the stock half shafts they won't last long with the locker.
Nice looking truck though.

lake_bueller

Observer
Cooper Technica is one of the premiere restoration companies in the midwest (if not the entire country). One of there key employees is a member of the Chicago Land Rover Club. His 88" is a thing of beauty. Flawless from top to bottom!

Viggen

Just here...
Bwahaha, thats insane. Seriously. The values of these Rovers are all ludicrous. Discos are extremely undervalued and Defenders are seriously overvalued.

Dont get me wrong, this is a nice build but thats an insane amount of money. $110,000 will get you a seriously nice new car with a factory warranty for years. Ive restored numerous MG's and have worked and been a part of the vintage British car scene for over a decade so I can appreciate the work that goes into a complete restoration but this, in my opinion, is a case of trying to force a market to adjust. Some cars, usually the most fun and usable ones, are just not worth restoring for profit as you wont even break even. To make money, you have to choose wisely.

Again, its a great restoration but that price...that price...

Mercedesrover

Explorer
Nice truck....But all that work and keep a 2.25 and stock axles? What a shame.

For $110k I'll sell you both of mine. They have real engines and real axles in both of them.

twins.jpg

Wander

Expedition Leader
I was wondering about why they rebuilt the 2.25 as well. With all the choices available that seems not to be the best option, especially if the build was intended to be "the ultimate expedition" rig. It's a robust mill for sure but underpowered. I could see if they where trying to keep it original but the build list is anything but.

crusader

Adventurer
Discos are extremely undervalued and Defenders are seriously overvalued.

Umm...You got that half right! ;)

Whatever the asking price, the buyer will likely be purchasing an impotent Series Rover--After all, who would dare use this particular Rover for its intended purpose? It is a sweet Rover, but it has been restored beyond proper usability, if you ask me. Too bad, but to each their own I guess...

Viggen

Just here...
Umm...You got that half right! ;)
Really? Rusted out frames, no door bottoms, unknown history on drivetrains with unknown information about the motor swap (all diesels just about) and $14k+? Thats a bit much right there.

Built Discos can be had for half that and you get a far more enjoyable and livable vehicle.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
The values of these Rovers are all ludicrous. Discos are extremely undervalued and Defenders are seriously overvalued

mass produced using a robotics assembly line vs hand built, but look @ ebay Uk its not just a U.S. phenom. Disco's are cheap as chips in the Uk as well.

I don't know why I had to have my first 110-I just had to have it. Then the disease took root...
Having spent time in the Uk and driven all over the country from Inverness to Southampton the majority of Uk residents seem to agree with you. There aren't that many rovers on the road there. Most of what you see are very small econo box's. The cost of fuel and taxes are rediculous.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online