A 2004 Tacoma grows up

VikingVince

Explorer
Cool...I think you'll like the 10 leaf Deavers...I have them and they eliminated the sagging problem when fully loaded (which was pretty bad)...and I love the the way the whole suspension feels (like a new truck, compared with stock)...I had a real quick-fix, jerry-rigged rear suspension for about a year (which no serious offroader would do, but it was cheap, couple inches of lift, and NO sagging)...I just reversed the bottom overload spring, so instead of curling down at the ends, it curled up...but eventually it would have broken the other leafs...sure worked for a quickie tho...(which I always consider) :D

c ya at SnT :sunflower

Attachments

• IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 4

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I have the 8 leafs and they have been great right up until the tent.... ;)

a quick change before SnT and I will be on my way to a full load :)

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I had been playing phone tag with Jason Demello on ordering the Deaver 10 leaf pack springs - and to my surprise Desertgirl had bought a pair for me and had them delivered to my project site in CA ( ain't I lucky)
I just installed them along with a new set of 5150 Bilsteins ( the jury is still out on this product) It was a smooth install came in under 2 hours without air tools- I am now nice and lifted even with all the extra added mods - I could easily load up all my gear and still have plenty of height - What a nice ride these are :victory:

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
Excellent progress amigo! The springs will smooth out a bit with some miles on them. With 600 lbs in the back, mine ride like a Caddy :beer:

Can't wait to see the hot water heater update :bowdown:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Big challenge hear on the road to find stuff - I am all ways a moving target so having internet buys delivered to the right location can be tough.

I found some pre bent 90 degree 1/2 heater hoses at the local Napa store- I think my location is passenger side near the air box - so 90's off the helton then 90's off the heater hoses at the rear of the engine. I am thinking I will then bring the water I/O hoses ( 3/8's) towards the battery side then out near the front bumper. slap on a couple QD connections and test it out. I am hoping to get the last 90 degree hose tomorrow am- only three showed up today at the local napa ( sigh)

There is a valve to be placed in the system to adjust the hot water as well

hope to dial this in ASAP

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
BTW - I had an extra 600 lb load ( concrete mix) in the Tacoma today and hit some rough back country roads - not a wimper out of the deaver 10 pack springs - almost negligable drop in lift - amazing! :jumping:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Thanks!
---------------------------
Update:

Had a chance today to install the Helton Hot water shower system - The hot water unit features a dual heat exchanger made with a double wound single length (4.6m) of copper coil with no internal joins. ( 4.6 meters = 181.102362 inches) amazing!

I still have some testing and tweaks to perform - I will relocate the bracket slightly when I install the aux. lighting system and the warn control box under the hood. I plan to install a 12v receptacle on the front of the truck for easy access

I ran the engine for less than 5 minutes and I had hot water - the shower head is very nice with a slide button for raising, lowering and shutting off the water. The pump comes with a waterproof I/O switch.

It is small, yet very powerful and quiet. I could see this pump pushing water well over thirty feet from a stream if needed. I plan on using a collapsible bucket or a portable water tank for now to see how it works for the long haul.

I have a P.E.T tent which will double as a shower in front of the truck

Check out all the photos HERE

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

So Schnebly!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude!!!!!!!!!

Your Hot Water Shower System is just SO SCHNEBLY!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent Job!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl

Members online