aa2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 344
  • #1117 Baltimore OH Chalet 2.jpg
    #1117 Baltimore OH Chalet 2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
I changed the thread title to include eBay listings, so I can throw all my finds in this one spot. The latest today in a Boise Idaho eBay listing, it's been cleaned up quite a bit since I last spotted it in 2007. Serial # 0661 built 8/76

%21%21e90qlQB2E%7E$%28KGrHgoOKiQEjlLmVz3%28BKO8lQJivw%7E%7E_4.JPG

And to add one from the opposite extreme, from a Lawrence (Ottowa) Kansas Craigslist ad. No vehicle details there, but click on the photobucket link within the ad for it and various others such as a Studebaker and one of the original super-tiny Hondas.

Third addition: a $5000 price for this one (botom photo) in an Indianapolis (Marion) Indiana Craigslist ad, serial #0600, built 8/76.

Attachments

• Kansas Chalet 1.jpg
    Kansas Chalet 1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 343
  • Indy Chalet.jpg
    Indy Chalet.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Beat you to one...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1239452229.html

1976 Chevrolet Blazer Chalet 4x4 - $5000 (mountain view)
Reply to: sale-qqbcj-1239452229@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-25, 12:19PM PDT

This thing is awesome and all original 74,000 miles. Why am I selling then you ask? Because my family has exceeded the capacity of the vehicle. There is really too much to tell in the space of this ad. Visit http://www.blazerchalet.com/serials.html for all the information you could ever want. Short wheelbase great ground clearance this thing will go anywhere. AND it gets 11 MPG with the A/C on. Dude come on that's pretty good. Engine is tight with 17.5 inHg steady manifold vacuum at idle. Dude!! We just returned from a trip to Eureka, CA. We towed a trailer with a motorcycle and got 9.38 MPG at 65 MPH with the A/C on. Come on now! Jimmy Crack Corn.

KEY WORDS: Harley Davidson Dodge Ram GMC Yukon Silverado Superduty Ford Bronco turbo powerstroke duramax cummins RV hot rod 4x4 4wd earthroamer host f550 f450 f350 f250 chassis cab 2500 3500 stove 5.7L TH350 NP203 tiger provan dunkel industries
3nc3o73l0ZZZZZZZZZ96p10426f333d651458.jpg

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Beat you to one...
I'll gladly lose a race to anyone for finding these. That just means there are more eyes out there looking for 'em, I've missed several that other eagle-eyed spotters found. I thought I had this one somewhere in a thread here from a couple of years ago. The new owners tell me they are half-heartedly selling it, and will be happy to keep it if they get no bites. Serial #423 built 7/76. From its former owner's eBay listing in 2007, here's a photo to show how many stickers it has on the back.

Attachments

• stickyss.jpg
    stickyss.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 235

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
I was wondering about those stickers. I actually wasn't even searching. I did a raw sf.cl.org/cta and that was one of the first things up (right next to the usual auctions and $3000 porsche cayennes)

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Last I heard, the one above with all the stickers was still available in the SF Bay area. Now for a new one in the Eagle River Alaska Craigslist, SN 1243. $950 for it, lots of rust on the Blazer

#1243 Chalet 1.jpg

Adding to that is one for the Siskiyou County CA Craigslist, where the seller neglected to put in any kind of contact info, apart from the reply-to email address, which he seems not to answer. $5000, stripes have been repainted.

sisk 2.jpg

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
*sigh* The Craigslist ad for the HAM Chalet in the post just above still works, but I havn't yet received any response from the seller. And, the tan Chalet from my post #36 above is back again, http://redding.craigslist.org/cto/2053743992.html still with no contact info for the seller beyond the Craigslist email address, and I never received a reply to the two emails I sent him back in July & August. I'm fairly certain the other Chalet #1243 in my post #36 was separated, where the new owner had listed the drivetrain and camper unit in two different Craigslist ads, but he never responded to my emails or phone calls.

Extracting info from some of these sellers is like herding cats..........

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
The now-orphaned Chalet shell-only from this other thread is back again. Only perhaps 15 minutes after I talked to the dealer on 12/3, he deleted the ad. Now it's back again, $50 whole dollars reduced in price, with the threat that now he will crush the remaining camper unit after Christmas if there are no buyers.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/2113960678.html

If he actually got $750 for it, that would be the highest price I'd ever seen for just a camper unit by itself.

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
I've actually been skipping the ones on Craigslist lately, as this is something people can find with relative ease. Here's one from a NE Georgia newspaper ad that was automatically picked up by an internet site: http://www.recycler.com/details/-35917005/1978-chevrolet-blazer

Turns out there were some errors when the seller placed it in a local newspaper ad. I phoned him and what he actually has is a '77 GMC Jimmy Casa Grande, SN 1073 built 12/76, and is in rather good shape from how he describes it. Quite a nice fellow, he had plans for it, but now it must go.

Problem is, he doesn't use the internet, so I may have to rely on someone in that general area who might be able to get digi pics. I also sent him a snail mail per his request for Chalet & Casa Grande printouts I have, maybe he will mail photos to me...

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Here's something a few guys have been wondering about, a Chalet unit custom fitted to a Suburban. $2450 in Fargo ND. http://fargo.craigslist.org/rvs/2301144117.html The good: it's the only one I've ever seen in finished form, a couple of the guys in our Yahoo forum started such a project but never finished theirs. The bad: Rust.

It's serial #0519 built in 8/76, but the seller knows nothing about when it was plopped onto the Suburban. To the best of my knowledge, Chinook never offered this, but who knows if it isn't a one-off from them. More likely, it was a pure custom job by a private individual...

burbchalet.jpg

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
This one looks clean...
Serial #1460, built in 1/77. Despite the still-functioning ad, the seller tells me it was sold to someone else living in the flagstaff area.

For those unaware of it, I do my best to keep track of all the ones for sale with the Google map I have, but I always welcome sightings of ads for these since my near-daily search can miss some of the ones out there. I'll remove this one in my next map update...

(*** this thread was started before the subcategory of " Vehicles found on Ebay, CL, other forums, etc." was created, so it might be handy if the forum mods could move it into that section***)

Last edited:

eporter

Adventurer
Hey, here’s another one!

“1977 Blazer Chalet,all original paint,what you see is all original never restored! But it needs a lot of TLC! Will run onto your trailer (Maybe) rust in drivers rocker and bottom of fenders,a few wobbles, No it’s not ready for the trail but it is a start and some have sold for 125k Done!! Aftermarket front seats,factory air,tilt,cruise. Clear Oregon title in my name.”
IMG_8803.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8800.jpeg
    IMG_8800.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8801.jpeg
    IMG_8801.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8802.jpeg
    IMG_8802.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 25

Forum statistics