if you use the formula your rigs weight times 1.5 I should get a 10,050 winch

or do I go with the 12K for extra heft

decisions, decisions...any help is greatly appreciated & welcome

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
sorry if this sounds like a ranting lunatic

1/28/2015
not a happy camper alignment shop had to replace my upper ball joints so they're doing the whole upper arms on both sides

they dont fell that they were replaced last year or ever since it was new by the looks of it

having the shop put all the old parts in the back of my rig for proof

so I got screwed last year, taking the SOB to small claims court

& now its $675 I didnt want to spend

& an additional $45 for the adjusting bolts

what I thought was odd yesterday is that he had me pay for all repairs up front & then tried to insist that I come back next week for the work to be completed, so I humbly told him "bust your azz & get it done today" no freakin way am I paying today to never get him to do the work, I've seen too many horror stories like that

& it now pulls to the right $#@&^%^$%#$#$^%##@@, it never did that before, so back I go again tomorrow

I'm sick of dumping $$$ into it

1/29/2015

got to the shop the owner was so dam hot headed at me this morning yelling he's not putting off work to do my rig, he put off work yesterday to do mine.. I need to wait

his son kept insisting that he put off my rig yesterday & thats why it took so long to get done...

so I decided it was best to leave before I said or did something my inner wanted to

so I took it to another shop & got another alignment, another $70

filing a dispute with Visa over this, hopefully I'll get that $$ back

so I filed disputes/complaints with my state attorney, the better business bureau of NE & called my attorney along with filing a dispute with my visa card

so much better now, when you get qualified techs

1/30/2015
I got to thinking on the way to take the kid to the docs this morning I'd take a look at the bad lug nut he left in the center console

he left the good one there & had the bad one torqued on so tight we could just barely get it off

what narcissistic SOB does that, I think he put it on with the air gun on purpose

I'm so glad I filed all the reports now & will update this to them

Last edited:

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Dang that sucks man. But I'm with you, I'm not paying up front for auto repairs in advance. Craziness.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Dang that sucks man. But I'm with you, I'm not paying up front for auto repairs in advance. Craziness.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys !

VISA gave me back $275 for the screw up from that shop WOO HOO !

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
decided it was time to go where I bought my tires almost 2 yrs ago, since the front 2 were going flat over the course of a week

those new rims I picked up last summer finally got installed to see if it would impact all the front end work or the alignment & it doesnt

moved the front tires onto them & then rotated to the back & the rears moved forward

now I need to refinish if possible the other 2 rims & all 4 centers caps, these are so much cleaner & brighter

on the old rims I told them to leave the sensors installed, these will become my spares

sadly one of the 2 new sensors wouldnt communicate with the rig, so they want me to come back on monday since they are ordering 2 new sensors & I dont have to pay until they get it all straightened out, now thats service after all my bad luck lately

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
& it seems I made an error in my vehicles weight its only (rounded up) 5K so it appears I could get away with a 9.5K winch & save another $100 off of the steel cabled version price of these models of $400

the XRC in 9.5K is only $300 & that leaves me $$$ for other mods

on other forums folks are saying steel over synthetic

& to be honest with my injury I cant handle all the jarring bumps & bounces, so it will never if ever get used, but would like ample power to pull me along if the situation ever did arise

more decisions, I just dont want to make a mistake or waste $$$

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
so with the advice from HARDTRAILZ, VT Logger & others...

OK I pulled the trigger, just purchased the Smittybilt 9500 XRC Comp with synthetic & a snatch block

now I'm sweating bullets thinking maybe I should have just paid the extra $100 & got the 12K version

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
many thanks to all of you who helped me get the right one

someone questioned what about my M416 if I was ever stuck with that & as such I totally forgot about it

so I changed it out to the 12K XRC COMP, no more spending $$$ all the rest is being saved for Junes vacation

hopefully this is more than enough

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
the XRC has arrived, really impressed with Summits shipping, but not their packaging

every box is tattered from them...

now to open it up & make sure its OK

Last edited:

chaos616

Adventurer
thats weird, usually summit is pretty good, maybe a rouge ups driver? Hopefully all is well, although winches are pretty tough so looks like it'll be good. i'm excited about this!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat