AA1PR’s Yukon Long Term Build & Adventure Videos 56K

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Sorry to hear about your jerk neighbor messing with your truck AA. What is his problem anyways? Maybe time to break out the firearms? Cool vid/pics and thanks for posting up!:)

NO no violence, I'm not stooping to his level, he has mental issues....

tried to solder the wore leads onto the old bulb socket for the new LED's , FAIL

so they're hard wired

was trying to figure out how to mount these, so after removing one of the units I just replaced last winter...

I came to the easiest conclusion that since I hated them & need a bracket to offset them off the bumper I'd cut the lower section(s) off, drill a 3/8" hole & mount them that way

orange square is about where I drilled

the hardest part is trying to angle these down, I followed the plastic valence for forward right/left alignment

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
hit a deer & took out the passenger side LED I had just installed hours before

OK finally the second set of LED's has finally arrived

the hardware appears the same

hooked them up to my power supply & they are blindingly bright, so time will tell

also added a heavy amount of liquid electrical over the wire connection on the back

also deciding where to mount these other than under the bumper in the stock location

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Jr (my son) put on the front receiver for me & I threw him some dead presidents for it

I had him flip it like Adam Bushcoat stated they did on his dad's, though he argued with me a bit over it, until he finally realized why

everything torqued to 110ftlbs

gonna put these back on when the weather gets warmer

since we had to remove the lower valence to get the receiver on I moved the LED's under the bumper, dont like them there & cant decide wheres a good safe spot & replaced the defective one too

sorry for the blurred pics but it was cold

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
oops forgot I replaced the rear broken mount one with the new rectangle one

cant get the one with the wire ripped out of it apart to fix it, so I need to order more of these so they match

& I like the look better

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
I like the front mounted hitch. I also like that it's in a good spot to guard the front axle. I presume that's the same mounting location for aftermarket bull bars / grill guards, which might be a problem for me. Or require replacement of the mounting plates to accomodate both both structures, on my Suburban build.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Very cool hitch flip on the front. First I had seen that done. Super! Really improves the approach angle.
The custom from receiver I built sat just a couple inches higher. I recently found a need for a front bull bar and moved to a Ranchhand from bumper. It too has a nice high mounted receiver.

Keep up the great work on your rig. I don't always post, but I am watching.
Be well and happy holidays my friend :)

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I like the front mounted hitch. I also like that it's in a good spot to guard the front axle. I presume that's the same mounting location for aftermarket bull bars / grill guards, which might be a problem for me. Or require replacement of the mounting plates to accomodate both both structures, on my Suburban build.

I'm sure with something like the carriage bolts that came with the curt receiver you could do both, but I'd be worried about stress on the frame if it was ever maxed out

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Very cool hitch flip on the front. First I had seen that done. Super! Really improves the approach angle.
The custom from receiver I built sat just a couple inches higher. I recently found a need for a front bull bar and moved to a Ranchhand from bumper. It too has a nice high mounted receiver.

Keep up the great work on your rig. I don't always post, but I am watching.
Be well and happy holidays my friend :)

HenryJ, many thanks

glad to see you still around

yes I got the idea to flip it from Adam aka bushcoat he stated they did it on his dads rig, to give proper credit

I've seen that bumper & not bad, I'll check out your build & see if its there

& happy holidays to you & yours !

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
got my son yesterday to reinstall the tow hooks

added a pair of rugged ridge light brackets to get the LED's up higher & hopefully a bit safer, these arent perfect but they're working for now

& I had to turn everything on & We have lots of light out front

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
here's my latest improvements in the last month, forgot what I had posted lately, so a recap

added a curt 31302 front receiver, with factory tow hooks still there in case & moved the LED's that are wired into the factory fogs up with rugged ridge brackets

replaced the broken 4.5 round LED's with these (wired into reverse lights)

replaced the low beams with NAPA whitelites ( the look of HID)

OK the MOOG # 81069's or for those that prefer the Z71 springs have arrived

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
ordered these from McBay performance in 1.5", so these will be added with the coil install

& my daughter gave me this for xmas, ts a haul master winch tray; now I need a winch

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat