AA1PR’s Yukon Long Term Build & Adventure Videos 56K

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
so my oldest daughter was at another friends house, so this let me explore a new set of roads again

not much, but it was such a perfect day out

& then the old resort only maybe 5 miles from our home

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
entered it in the RAVE car show again, I only enter because the $$ goes to charities

won a case of synthetic motor oil as a door prize

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
added this decal today from another fine forum I participate in Tventuring.com

& now one from ROAM, another great forum I found upoverland.org

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
it was such a perfect day, so I headed up to my parents house to finish up some small projects / ideas I never had time for...

noticed the neoprene boot was wearing through, what a waste of $25

all rusty inside too, so I soaked the crap out of it with wd40 & let it drip drain for an hour

put the daystar handle silencer on

got the adapter plate bolted on, so hopefully no low life walks off with it

back on top of the rig

its only been over a year....finally got my transmission breather kit installed, though the small clamp broke & I had to improvise this, once the parts store opens I'll correct the error

then me & my father ventured up into the woods to do some target practicing & got some mud on the tires in the process :) I refused to ride along in his Heep Oh I mean Jeep

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Sept 29th Green Mountain national forest
last weekend was fantastic, clear skies, popping colors etc, too nice to stay inside & do nothing

so me & my oldest daughter decided to take a trip over the brandon gap leaving our village over to bingo brook & back

snapshots in photos

over the gap & back

& found a new USFS RD to explore that was short lived

however today we are getting rain & wind, so I dont expect the colors to last long

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
my yukon got hurt...., its my scum bag neighbor, landlord & police cant do anything...

over the last several months both aux reverse lights have been broken off their brackets, my hood scratched on 2 sides & not the hitch wiring broke off

so off to my parents to fix these today & once I got there I realized I forgot my VOM at home, so off to homedepot

so with a cheap L bracket I jury rigged the wiring bracket

then decided to tackle the leaking air shocks, I suspect its the O rings , so I removed all the lines & added a small dab of black RTV around the lines after the O rings

surprisingly these were sort of rusted, so with a stainless brush I cleaned these up too

couldnt get the passenger side back on so I removed the line from the plastic funnel to learn they had 2 O rings on that side, explaining why it was so hard to install last summer & why I had a small leak, both rings were compressed over the top of each other, so I added one new one & finished up

brought it up to about 80 PSI

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
yukon was in shop for 1 1/2 weeks for ECM replacment.....

anyway after being couped up for the last week & a half I had to get out, so off to my parents

decided I would try to mount my MF-1050 air compressor under the hood, I've looked & measured this spot several times, its tight but doable

had to measure off the fender for clearance of the hood spring mechanism (sorry forgot to write stuff down to bring home)

drilled my hole for the mounting hole, used 5/16" bolts etc

added a ziptie to help take the shake out of it, though its solid to some degree

I have about 1/4" of clearance before it hits the air conditioner lines

ran all the wires to the battery, decided to use the top posts, though I hate them

added back on the off road light (Hella 700FF's & ham power leads) on one side & the compressor on the other

tested out the compressor by airing my tires back up to 45PSI, everything worked well, though I have to store the hose in the rear

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Sorry to hear about your jerk neighbor messing with your truck AA. What is his problem anyways? Maybe time to break out the firearms? Cool vid/pics and thanks for posting up!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp