AA1PR’s Yukon Long Term Build & Adventure Videos 56K

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer

so here's a video of some exploring today

check out my youtube channel for more I haevnt posted here

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting those vids AA. I really enjoyed the last video. It looks like you had some fun!:Wow1:

rallygabe

Observer
Love the small steps approach! And that its a pretty typical ride in my neck of the woods as well. Keep up the good work and share your fun! :D

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Thanks for posting those vids AA. I really enjoyed the last video. It looks like you had some fun!:Wow1:

Yes I was very nervous on that one

if I got stuck there was no help for miles & no trees close by to winch off of either

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Love the small steps approach! And that its a pretty typical ride in my neck of the woods as well. Keep up the good work and share your fun! :D

thanks

yes any exploring is better than none & not all the old class IV stuff here goes on for miles, its usually a short jaunt

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
OK so today with the help of my daughter we got the rear brakes & a bit more done

popped the hood to remove the brake cap & noticed I had mud everywhere, so next car wash the engine bay gets done too

decided to paint the rear calipers with engine paint

the hardest part was getting the bottom caliper bracket bolt off, midas must has used an impact to put this on with tons of loctite too

put some fresh paint on it after we wire wheeled it

had to clean all that mud out of the rear emergency assembly...

so we took the rear frame & control arm down to fresh metal, coated in permatex extend & then painted them as well (yes, we sanded off our overspray)

so both sides looked fresh when we were done

used this for what little bit of pins I had

she had so much energy that she repainted the frame rails, bribed me to get her a Gills grinder for her hard work

& all back together & looking purdy, not sure if it shows in this pic

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
a few from last sunday over helping out on the covered bridges half marathon in Quechee

instead of taking RT4 all the way home I decided to go the back way

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I guess mr murphy & his family came to visit me over the weekend & wouldn't leave

thoughts came to mind: what did I do to deserve this....

first it was this, then the camp stove, & air mattress

if it weren't for bad luck, I've have no luck

which made me really rethink all of my overlanding abilities & limitations due to my physical injury

& I gave Lynn $$ for gas & a set of box wrenches that went from 1 5/8 to 2 1/2 inches for all of his efforts since he told me that he was a mechanic & I knew I would never use these again, I got the help I needed & he got some wrenches

[video=youtube;-NGL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NGL...ature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Mr AA never believe the Chinese. They will sell you cheap parts that explode when you need them the most! Quite posible your brake failure is due to remanufactured Chinese parts. I bought a new wheel chylinder for my rig 3 years ago and it started leaking big time. Back in the day when parts were manufactured in the USA you could rely on them for 20 years. Not no more. Boycot that cheap Chinese junk!:Wow1:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
LOL

Mr AA never believe the Chinese. They will sell you cheap parts that explode when you need them the most! Quite posible your brake failure is due to remanufactured Chinese parts. I bought a new wheel chylinder for my rig 3 years ago and it started leaking big time. Back in the day when parts were manufactured in the USA you could rely on them for 20 years. Not no more. Boycot that cheap Chinese junk!:Wow1:

OH I agree, no chinese parts for me

I thought I was mentioning the fact that they blow horns to chase off bad spirits :)

I really think the heavy layer of paint was too blame, once the heat compressed the paint it allowed for play in the bolt that fell out
the mounting area should have been clean & clear of paint basically as shown here coated in a heavy layer of paint

& havent been down this way in years so this area today on the way to my parents for a cookout

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
at the park the other day with my little one but sadly I cant show you this

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat