AA1PR’s Yukon Long Term Build & Adventure Videos 56K

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
OK so I got the N Fab light bar (G035LB) today

I take it outside to install it with my son...

It does not mount like the instructions or the website states, or does it even look like its meant for my SUV.

the license plate & curvature of the bars are all wrong, not sure how it can fit an 03 to 06 GMC anything

So I call 4wheelparts to get a return athourization & discover I have to pay return shipping for an item that wont work as stated, thats my 1st & last time doing business with them :( they insist its the right part though....

& I can't find any other manufacturers that make one for my rig other than a bull bar

guess its time to get my welder friend to custom fab me one

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Been in communication with Mr.Parks from N~Fab, the description of the light bar I received & the model I should have gotten were totally wrong.
he ran the vehicle photos I had sent him to one of the engineers I guess & the reply was that I should have purchased part # G995LB.

so if you have a GMC from 03-06 with the almost flat bumper this is the light bar you need:
http://www.n-fab.com/products/productID/495

so now back to ordering the correct one & this time from N~fab direct & waiting to seee if they can cut me some slack on the shipping

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
UPDATES

sent an email inquiry to trasharoo about getting a bag with padding that goes against the vehicle,I dont have a tire carrier & want to use the rear tailgate door

their reply was:
"All of our bags are identical and made overseas in high run volume to keep the cost down. Unfortunately, we're no capable of making one-off's at this time to meet your special needs. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to.

Sorry we're not more help for this particular circumstance,"

an update of the N~Fab light bar story, with photos being exchanged we got the right one figured out now, N~Fabs rep stated:

"I take care of all customer service requests, and I also take care of sales calls, product info, and in some cases sponsorship deals. For a product such as this, there is nothing I can really do as far as shipping costs go. We charge a flat rate for shipping anywhere throughout the U.S. through our website, so $37.50 is added to all light bar prices before shipment. I can, however, guarantee you if the light bar does not fit we would be happy to cover the return freight back to our facility AND refund your money entirely (including shipping). I cannot adhere to your shipping amount request because you did not purchase from us directly upon placing your original order. We have dealers all around the U.S., but we do not have any control on their return policies or exchanges. But we would be more than happy to send you another product..."

So I order it through them, it may cost a bit more but the hassle free return/exchange, warranty policy I could not pass up. I fyou have an 03-06 Yukon here is what you need:
http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/75/sfID2/63/sfID3/66/productID/495

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Exploring an neat trail in West Rutland yesterday

Part1

Part2

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I wanted one for my yukon, the 1st one I ordered according to the website was the G035LB, which was wrong & I ate return shipping back to 4wheelparts

So I contacted NFab directly & communicated with a Mr.Sparks. after a couple of emails the engineer came up with the correct light bar for my bumper style.

So it appears GMC in their great wisdom used more than 1 style of bumper model dependent? If you are not sure contact NFab direct

http://www.n-fab.com/

here is my short video review of said item
Now I have to order the lights & get those mounted

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Ok today I had enough time to get the Hella 700FF's installed & to take some quick pics & make up a video

hopefully the weather holds out so I can get these wired up & operational

Part1:

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Made it to the Vermont Over Rallies Workshop this weekend on Saturday
This was my second time attending & it was better than last year, 3x the people & rigs there, but it lacked the seminars of last year for some reason
I realized there that my yukon sits higher than most other rigs I see in their build threads here, guess it comes down to what/where you are willing to rough it into that I will not commit to
talked to a bunch of nice folks & admired their rigs
ran into Jim, whom my son rode along with last year on the 4X4 trip
my daughter wants to say hello to kb1oci's daughter as well & thanks for hanging out while there
gave an expo sticker to the guy in the green land rover & had a great time chatting too, hope to see you there next year

Snapshot video
Event videos
Pt 1
Pt2
Pt3
On road Trip
Pt1
Pt2
Pt3

Last edited:

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
I keep thinking Id love to get ahold of a suburban/yukon/tahoe this body style. Maybe that will be my next project, I keep an eye on them on craigslist and they are getting very reasonable. Id love to get one with some front end damage like a deer hit or something and swap on an 03-07 silverado front clip.

Good job, keep er up!

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I keep thinking Id love to get ahold of a suburban/yukon/tahoe this body style. Maybe that will be my next project, I keep an eye on them on craigslist and they are getting very reasonable. Id love to get one with some front end damage like a deer hit or something and swap on an 03-07 silverado front clip.

Good job, keep er up!

Thanks I almost always post my upgrades, but notice that it is getting lots of views but little for comments, but that is ok, I do it for me & not for the glory
but somewhere someone is looking for things similiar to do to theirs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat