AA1PR’s Yukon Long Term Build & Adventure Videos 56K

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I finally got some photos today since it was so nice out
I have a 20' loggers chain, 30' 12,000lb tow strap & a cheap 2 ton come a long.
I also have 2 ~ 5/8" shackels I think at least since I didnt measure them

which makes me realize now I should remove this from the box & at least test it out

Now I am thinking I ougth to at least get another tow strap, since a 2nd one would lend so many uses
also I keep the insulated coverall in there as well, not in the bag though for obvious reasons & think I need to add a pair of work gloves to it too

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
decided it was time to better organize all of my stuff
I went with these craftsmen tool bags, the set is comprised of 1 large & 1 small bag
2 of them for $10 at the local kmart, so I got 2 sets

one holds my 20ft jumper cables, havent used them in years, but hate to remove them

even though they take up a bit more space they are all handy, here is one of them along with my drill & the MF 1050 compressor

my car cleaning bag, gotta keep her clean, waxes, rags, handcleaner brushes etc

also this is not related to the bags I use this old soap container for all my spray cans, like wd40 etc, its just the perfect length for such

Last edited:

Glenn C

Observer
nice Rig man , the light bar is very cool I have to say now , kudos on your truck man , im of the same attitude why have a 4x4 if its gonna be always on the road . How do you find the AT3s may I ask ?

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
nice Rig man , the light bar is very cool I have to say now , kudos on your truck man , im of the same attitude why have a 4x4 if its gonna be always on the road . How do you find the AT3s may I ask ?

I really like the AT#'s

I have never spun a wheel unless I wanted them to

they are great all around I have no complaints what so ever

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Today I picked up another tow strap, not the one I wanted or the brand, but hopefully it works
reese brand 30K 2"x30'
I also thought this might come in handy sometime when I least expect it. in my tool box I have the tools but no patches or plugs. so if one is good ,two is better...
tire repair kit
decide a tarp would make a ground cloth or to cover what ever, however it is so cheap that its going back. I thought it was cloth, its cheap plastic

I also threw one of these 12v lights in there for good measure, went with a bright color just in case

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I am tired of turning on the dome lights for my kids & being blinded by the stock factory overhead lights
the small ones they can operate by push buttons back there never seem to give off enough light...
these LED lights give them just enough light for what ever & now I can still see the road

I even mounted one to the insode of the rear glass, so when its opened up I have a light at the rear outside not for whatever

the lights were only $2@ at the local Aubuchon Hardware

Last edited:

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Looking like a great selection of recovery gear, and well organized. Those small LED's are great, when they burn out just peel them off and replace with new ones. They are everywhere now, parts stores, dollar stores, corner stores....

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Looking like a great selection of recovery gear, and well organized. Those small LED's are great, when they burn out just peel them off and replace with new ones. They are everywhere now, parts stores, dollar stores, corner stores....

Yep thats my thought cheap & effective & serve the purpose

thanks for the kind words

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
explored a new campground & forest service road today over near Rochester, VT
Part 1
Part 2

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Explored a couple of new roads in the Green Mountain National Forest since I needed a little break from college studies & the day was perfect

& another video of such

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
going to install some 18w led lights as auxillary reverse lights

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat