Ace Vantura! ALLLLLLLLLLLRIGHTY then

ohpyramids

Adventurer
If you think that camp chef stove is good, they sell a full blown oven which is one of our favorite van accessories. Can't argue with roasts and fresh baked treats in the middle of nowhere. An 11lb BBQ bottle and the adapter hose is much cheaper than the little bottles in the long run and lasts forever.

If you think the Camp Chef Oven is good, wait till you check out our Fold-A-Flame! It's a flatpacking firepit and grill that collapses to only 1" thick.
18094895_940877452721886_761605509554896896_n.jpg

Def looking into a small and simple propane system install on the van... just gotta find where I put all that freetime...

SirMrManGuy

Observer
I found a bottle on Amazon from flame King that is slightly smaller, 11lbs, than​ a standard bottle. I've got it strapped to the pillar behind my door with this little bracket I made and a cam buckle strap, but your bed/seats appear to be in that spot.

http://i.imgur.com/n3bbRcD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MXNaIWD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/21Hc1wy.jpg

One thing that was recommended to me was to install a propane alarm since it's inside the van. Apparently it's a mandatory accessory on commercial RVs. I need to buy one and do that still, I'm on the road so I'll have to find a place to stop and wire one in.

tmo2460

Observer
If you think the Camp Chef Oven is good, wait till you check out our Fold-A-Flame! It's a flatpacking firepit and grill that collapses to only 1" thick.

Def looking into a small and simple propane system install on the van... just gotta find where I put all that freetime...

Whoa! This is getting added to the list of things I didn't know I wanted. I like the concept of flat packable stuff.

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Heading out to camp in the Eastern Sierras this weekend, so I decided to leave a bit late and spend time to finish a project.

3b64962b23fc94d0c3c6fcc2f0a8bafe.jpg

6456e500594fd7abf6022a3880ae2d00.jpg

317e7b08daed81b94122c5954d12c6bd.jpg

Hardwired our new Engel Mr40 fridge/freezer into the van. It's super quiet when running and supposedly pretty low draw as well. I'll keep an eye on it since i only have 1 optima marine battery for now. Plan to only be camping for 1.5 days, so I should be ok.

Everything is wired decent but temporary, as we've got new cabinetry happening this summer.

Time to hit it!

c4f5e3d1ffc065624cbcdc1b432dad5e.jpg

ohpyramids

Adventurer
d5a8c5d191f93b47c004f5e15f6e873e.jpg

66f096651c75d921c93872853c1c5f61.jpg

Sierra gold.

Jury is out on the new engel marine fridge. After a weekend of use there are two pretty annoying things! The transit slide lock which is a big plastic floor mount clip, means i have to leave the rubber corners off the fridge giving me a super unfinished look. Second, the lid latches are kinda loose and flimsy feeling. They almost open themselves even if you just bump them. Thinking about returning it for the all metal "45" model even though it isn't a side opening hatch.

Overall- plan to build the new interior with an rb50 layout, decide on a pop top, grab a new rear bumper w fullsize spare (probably aluminess but $4k!), install water system, get a 45+ gal diesel tank mounted in the rear, and install winch this year. Its alot, but were stoked.

philos

Explorer
For $4k you could buy materials AND tools to build yer own bumper, with enough left over for a vacation too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ohpyramids

Adventurer
For $4k you could buy materials AND tools to build yer own bumper, with enough left over for a vacation

Dude I so wish. My garage is a 15' shipping container filled with dirtbikes, and I've got a decent mig welder but no spare time or experience making something that big.

Add me to the list of folks who'd pay 2-3k for a dual swing bumper, but don't have any solid options in that price range.

Heres a quick repair I did to my buddies fractured Sportsmobile spare tire carrier. Wasn't ready for 33"s apparently. Hopefully the angle iron will hold for a while.
62d54d414fff3efcb95c1e2bf3ba2676.jpg

Last edited:

Corneilius

Adventurer
Man, that would be a lot of weight hanging on the door hinges....

True, this Sportsmobile style tire carrier is the beefiest of the "simple" bolt on door carriers. That tube passes through the door skin and bolts directly to the hinge itself. I was impressed with them but wouldn't want to hang a 33" from one.

Digging the build Ohpyramids, keep it up

philos

Explorer
You're in LA right?
I'm in Sunland, you're welcome to come over and we can build something here. My time would be free if you supply the Dr. Pepper, weed, and metal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

illking

Observer
Dude I so wish. My garage is a 15' shipping container filled with dirtbikes, and I've got a decent mig welder but no spare time or experience making something that big.

Add me to the list of folks who'd pay 2-3k for a dual swing bumper, but don't have any solid options in that price range.

Heres a quick repair I did to my buddies fractured Sportsmobile spare tire carrier. Wasn't ready for 33"s apparently. Hopefully the angle iron will hold for a while.
62d54d414fff3efcb95c1e2bf3ba2676.jpg

Thanks again for the angle iron zap man! Got stuck in traffic coming home from Lone Pine on Memorial day weekend. We pulled off 395 and hit the powerline roads with all the jeeps to pass the stagnate traffic. Got home and still had a spare on the back! Trying to decide on a better rear solution @Philos has the right idea Dr Pepper, Weed & Metal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven