Across 4 mountain ranges in Death Valley ...

v_man

Explorer
well , seven months ago it was no big deal ... nothing much on the whole trail that a decent 4x4 couldn't handle....

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society
Fantastic trip report V-man!
I've got to make it to that part of the country with one of my trucks at some point.
Mike

icedragonmx

Adventurer
IMG_4011_zpsc0aeuh9k.jpg

An excellent recovery! That would be like using V-Threads on a frozen lake. Well done!!

Gallowbraid

Where's that road go?
Good job on the mud recovery! Great pics and narrative. Just further proof I need to spend more time in Death Valley.

kris

Observe
Great report.

Sorry to call you out like this, but this is becoming a bigger and bigger problem every year and needs to be said.
Your recovery.
You were off trail.
In a closed area.

12801338_10206446576618819_3548006806768989463_n.jpg

Image is from the BLM Desert Access Guide, Ridgecrest map.

If anyone is reading this and wanting to drive the escape trail, please do not continue east off road across the flats in the Panamint Valley.
The correct and legal routes heading into the Panamint Valley from the bottom of Fish Canyon/Escape Trail/p168 is either turning North (left) on p170 which will take you to Ballarat Road roughly half way between the town of Ballarat and Panamint Valley road, or turning South (right) and continuing on p168 to the intersection of Wingate Road a few hundred feet North of the start of Goler Wash/p152.

k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner