Adventure Van on a Budget - ‘98 Econoline

CLM

About half way done tinting. Sure is a lot of windows!! Need to tint the front two and the other side.
2F13F39D-44A2-4075-A416-EB00F8A8E93D.jpeg

Reactions: WVI

Oldcarnut

Adventurer
While you are tinting the windows you might want to look into tinting the windshield as well (not legal in most states i know but well worth it). I did the wife mobile in the lightest possible as well as front windows and made a nice difference even though NOT legal in CA. No one noticed as back and rears were tinted too and darker than fronts and windshield.

CLM

While you are tinting the windows you might want to look into tinting the windshield as well (not legal in most states i know but well worth it). I did the wife mobile in the lightest possible as well as front windows and made a nice difference even though NOT legal in CA. No one noticed as back and rears were tinted too and darker than fronts and windshield.
Wish I could, even debated going to the doctor to try to get a doctors note allowing the tint for my migraines. But the van has a rebuilt title and a sticker on the windshield that can’t be removed because of it.

CLM

Decided to add 100 watt of solar before insulating the roof, insulation will start going up this evening.
46023F58-C780-44D7-A11A-E95E298A7F35.jpeg

motoboss

Bad Influence
Put together a cost spread sheet would be great. We've been considering this route as well and seeing a "real cost" would be nice.

Looking good.

CLM

Put together a cost spread sheet would be great. We've been considering this route as well and seeing a "real cost" would be nice.

Looking good.

We paid $3k for the van and are about $1750 into repairs ($750 front end rebuild, $250 plugs/coils) and conversion($200 solar, $215 vent fan, $40 tint, $70 toilet, $250 wood/insulation so far). I had Por15, bubble foil insulation and sound deadner already. We should finish out around $6k without wheels and tires. We’ll use it a while and see what we think, if we like it, then we will do wheels and tires along with a sink/cabinet behind the driver seat.

CLM

Forgot carpet, pad and glue on that list. The big purchases left are mattress, metal and plywood for bed frame, fuse block, led lights, battery and more wood for framing.

CLM

Doors are insulated and panels made.
6208E68B-837A-4119-AB33-AB6D648E7A48.jpeg

Wiring finished. Now to finish installing the insulation board, paneling, floor insulation and carpet. Then on to making the bed and storage cabinet.
18AB4ADE-86FA-4BC5-8E46-7E6EFC060665.jpeg

i bike

Ceiling is carpeted and storage areas built front and rear. Solar and battery are wired in, starting to wire the lighting and fans.
View attachment 473125

I like the look of your electrical enclosure. I’ve got something similar planned for my build, but plan on using some of the dead space for a subwoofer enclosure.

Can I ask where you got that switch panel with the voltmeter? I really like to look of it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal