AEV 10 Gallon Fuel Tank

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Any TJ/LJ applications in the works?

The only way to make that happen is to get a custom one made. There is an employee of AEV that will take the JK bumper/Swing out and modify for the TJ. Once that is done you could use their fuel tank.

kb7our

Explorer
Anyone else finding that there may be a few gallons left at the bottom of the tank after using the siphon? I suspect this is probably the cost of having the convenience but want to see if others are encountering the same unusable fuel amount. Not sure how to get the siphon fed all the way over to the far right lowest corner of the tank (at least it appears to be the lowest point) or if there is even a way. I really like this tank - just would prefer not to leave unused fuel at the bottom to gum up and go bad over time. I'll be watching for the first drain plug mod which is bound to arise eventually. Thanks for any tips.

BLK2000TJ

If you have a couple of gallons left in the caddy then you're not getting the siphon all way to the bottom. Did you install the spring? I'm pretty sure a drain plug would affect the DOT compliance of a fuel container.

BLK2000TJ

So is there a water compatible one or is the plastic potable water capable for the gas tank version?

From AEV:
Currently we have no plans to offer this design in a potable water version, however if there is enough demand we certainly could. Let us know via our contact page.

kb7our

Explorer
If you have a couple of gallons left in the caddy then you're not getting the siphon all way to the bottom. Did you install the spring? I'm pretty sure a drain plug would affect the DOT compliance of a fuel container.

I'll do some more playing to see if I get the technique down. I do have the spring inside the hose and the hose basically lowered vertically to the bottom but not over to the right side. It seems like the right side corner is the lowest point but I am not looking inside the tank to confirm this. If others are getting most of the fuel out with a small amount left that the siphon will never capture then that's fine - I seem to be leaving more than I expected inside the tank before the siphon gives up when a vacuum is lost.

JDaPP

Adventurer
Does anyone know if you would be able to run a trasharoo and the fuel caddy? If so would you be able to take the trasharoo on and off or would it have to be on their permanently to facilitate the installation? Thanks.

NMBruce

Adventurer
Does anyone know if you would be able to run a trasharoo and the fuel caddy? If so would you be able to take the trasharoo on and off or would it have to be on their permanently to facilitate the installation? Thanks.

I will try to mount mine this morning

it fits, there is only about 2-3" of strap left, but it works

Last edited:

RubiChris

Observer
I have the AEV fuel caddy and use a Trasharoo. It is a little more challenging to attach since the straps can't wrap around the backside of the tire as designed.(I wrap them over the top of the fuel caddy) I've started to use a bungie cord between the two straps on the backside of the tire/tank just for added security. So far it has worked just fine. Not the best picture but here's one of my set up.

Fuel-Caddy-and-Trasharoo.jpg

Last edited:

gfe jeep

For those who dont have an AEV system

google Titan Fuel Tanks. Works with many tire carriers and carries 12 gallons.

FWIW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC