After 15 years of design and fabrication, time to downsize

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
No you should make about 20 JK barn doors and see how they would sell. Ill be the first on the take my money list. But in all seriousness I don't see why there would be any interest in a JL barn door either. But stranger things have happened.

Sorry, I've been first place on that list since about 2017 :)

-Dan

14JKURX

Observer
I have been in line since 2015 and drove thru the area on vacation that fall.
Barn door and wide swing hinges.

jeepers29

This is a production MORryde spare tire cargo rack. In the photo I'm testing it with a cooler on Bull Canyon trail in Moab. Free to anyone who can use it. Can be shipped, you'll have to pick up the shipping.

BullCanyon1.jpg

And cresting a sand hill beneath the Gemini Bridges...

BullCanyon5.jpg
Any idea what shipping would be to 78628? If reasonable, I would love to have this. Thanks, Joel

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Hang on, it won't be long before I push crap to the curb too. Jeep tires, wheels, two trailers, oh, the list goes on.

Glad to see someone having success, can't take this crap to my grave, neither can you, time to dump what you haven't used in 2 years.

You'll find real freedom when you aren't tied to piles of treasures you thought you had to keep.

Jscherb, you're on the right track, nothing like cleaning out some hoarder's crap after a funeral and guys, that could happen any time.
I'm just starting this process. Over vacation in July I realized I have too many projects and since I'm a truck mobile mechanic I don't feel like wrenching on my stuff after a 60+ hour week. I'll keep a few but decided to start cutting loose, of course it took me decades to get to where I am so it will take a bit of time to downsize. But hopefully this time next year I'll have a dozen or so less projects around.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I dug this out today, it's something I don't need and don't quite know what to do with:

TestShotB.jpg

Several years ago when I designed the JL Style Grille for the JK, a small company wanted to put it in production. I did the orginal work in fiberglass, but for production doing the grille in plastic seemed like it would be more cost-effective so I worked with a plastics company to create a mold for thermoforming the grille out of sheet plastic. They did several test shots with the thermoform mold, the one pictured above is just as it came out of the thermoforming machine, the one below has been trimmed, the post-molding details have been added (lower mounts to the core support and mounts for mesh in the slots), and it's installed on my JKU with unpainted aluminum mesh in the slots.

TestShot13.jpg

The fit was very close but I thought it needed to improved very slightly around the headlights so a few tweaks were made to the mold after these test shots and a final production candidate was molded, the photo below shows that one installed without any mesh in the slots:

Candidate2Installed.jpg

This was happening during Covid, and the company that was going to bring this to market didn't survive the pandemic (the people survived but the company didn't). So these samples are as far as it went.

I don't feel like going to the effort to trim this one and complete the post-molding details so it could be installed by someone and it would be a bit of work to explain those details to someone else so they could complete the grille, so I'm thinking the best thing to do is cut this up and put it out with my recycling. It is recyclable plastic. I suppose it could be hung on a garage wall as a decoration (but not my garage, all of the wall space is taken up by useful things).

I do still have the second production candidate grille; that one was completed and I ran that on my JKU for a while. It's at the back of my storage area and I don't need it anymore either so maybe when I get to it I'll offer that one here.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I've got two preproduction JL-Style Grilles for the JK here and I definitely don't need both.

TwoPreproGrilles.jpg

The one with the bare aluminum is a first production candidate, a few minor tweaks were made to the mold before the second candidate grilles were made (the bottom one in the photo). Some photos of the grille on the JKU:

JLStyleJKProductionCandidate1b_zpselvhvofp.jpg~original

JLStyleJKProductionCandidate1c_zpsbleeia1h.jpg~original

JLStyleJKProductionCandidate1e_zpsl2ybyqii.jpg~original

The second candidate fits slighty better than the first one but as you can see from the photos, the first one fits pretty well.

Anyone interested in this grille can contact me.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
One of the companies I've done many product reviews for is Auxbeam (https://auxbeam.com), an LED lighting company. I'm using a number of their products on my Jeeps - high power 25,000 lumen LED headlight bulbs in my JKU (highly recommended), LED replacement driving lights mounted in the JKU bumper (I also recommend these), and some smaller pod lights on my roof rack. But there are a few I really don't have a use for and since I'm cleaning out my storage area, I'll offer these 4 for now:

- Auxbeam QP005972. 7" LED Halo headlights (https://auxbeam.com/products/spu00208) lights include a separate DRL and turn signal functions in a “halo” around the perimeter of the housing.

QP005972.jpg~original

- Auxbeam QP000081 LED Halo/Bluetooth headlights (https://auxbeam.com/products/qp000081) 7” LED headlights with rotating LED halos and Bluetooth RGB control – the halo ring on these consists of RGB LEDs that can be set to any color, and animation controlled by the smartphone that can add a rotating effect to the halo.

QP000081.jpg~original

AuxbeamRGBAppScreens.jpg

- 12” 5D PRO LED Light Bar (https://auxbeam.com/collections/led-light-bars-by-series-5d-pro-series/products/zd000677). 12,000 lumens, it's pretty powerful for a 12" light bar.

LightBar4a1024.jpg~original

- RA80XL 8-gang switch panel. A really nice way to control multiple electrical accessories in your Jeep with minimal wiring. https://auxbeam.com/products/qp009118. It's the large panel in this photo:

ThreePanelSizes.jpg~original

All of the above are in their original packaging with whatever wiring, hardware and other accessories they came with. They have all been out of the box and tested for the reviews but are in new condition.

Anyone interested in any of these can contact me.

I've got a few more lighting products I may decide to get rid of, stay tuned.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The 8-gang switch panel is taken and so are the halo headlights. Still available: the Bluetooth headights, light bar and the JL-style grille.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The light bar and the Bluetooth headlights from the prior post are still available. The switch panel and the halo headlights are sold.

Cleaning out some more... I forgot I had these 3” pod lights: https://auxbeam.com/products/zd000713

In addition to the high-power white light, these are multifunction lights and are selectable between white output, amber/yellow output or both. The lights have six modes:

1. White
2. Amber
3. White + Amber Together
4. Flashing White
5. Flashing Amber
6. Alternately Flashing White and Amber

Modes 4, 5 and 6 seem like they might be useful in an emergency situation. This video demonstrates the six modes:

PodsDetail.jpg

PodsLit3.jpg

PodsLit.jpg

PodsLitYellow.jpg

Contact me if you're interested.

And I also dug out these from storage - a pair of their 7" driving lights and a pair of their 9" lights. Still thinking about whether I should keep them or not. I'll post them as available if I decide I won't be needing them.

7and9InchLights.jpg

zgfiredude

I would take the light bar and the 3" pods if they are still available. I will gladly pay for the shipping. Message coming.

ZONE ZERO

I've got two preproduction JL-Style Grilles for the JK here and I definitely don't need both.

TwoPreproGrilles.jpg

The one with the bare aluminum is a first production candidate, a few minor tweaks were made to the mold before the second candidate grilles were made (the bottom one in the photo). Some photos of the grille on the JKU:

JLStyleJKProductionCandidate1b_zpselvhvofp.jpg~original

JLStyleJKProductionCandidate1c_zpsbleeia1h.jpg~original

JLStyleJKProductionCandidate1e_zpsl2ybyqii.jpg~original

The second candidate fits slighty better than the first one but as you can see from the photos, the first one fits pretty well.

Anyone interested in this grille can contact me.
I’d be interested in this and willing to take a road trip to come get it. Check you DM I sent a message already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle